AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

Been looking out for a HTPC for quite some time now, and I've finally found a setup that looks quite appealing.

Asus F1A75-I Deluxe

AMD A8-3850 Llano

Antec ISK 300-150

Then getting 4-8gb of ram, probably start out with xbmc live from a USB flashdrive and then getting a small SSD and setting up win7+xbmc ontop of that.

How do you guys think this would handle playing 1080p material(streamed from another pc) and very light gaming(emulators, old school LAN games etc)?

Should I go for an i3 sandy bridge setup instead?

I'm very much digging the remote that comes with the motherboard.. looks to be the absolute best mb for a htpc atm.

So.. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,045 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiminybillybob /forum/post/20832671

Hi guys.

Been looking out for a HTPC for quite some time now, and I've finally found a setup that looks quite appealing.

Asus F1A75-I Deluxe

AMD A8-3850 Llano

Antec ISK 300-150

Then getting 4-8gb of ram, probably start out with xbmc live from a USB flashdrive and then getting a small SSD and setting up win7+xbmc ontop of that.

How do you guys think this would handle playing 1080p material(streamed from another pc) and very light gaming(emulators, old school LAN games etc)?

Should I go for an i3 sandy bridge setup instead?

I'm very much digging the remote that comes with the motherboard.. looks to be the absolute best mb for a htpc atm.

So.. Any thoughts?

Depends what you mean by light gaming. Llano should do an excellent job for your HTPC tasks, but for gaming core i3 with something like a gts450 would obliterate it. You really need to look at what game and at what resolution you are going to run it to know if its playable. My guess is that any game older than 2 years will play or if setting are turned way down modern games should play fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.