AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After browsing this forum for a while, I have finally decided to set up my PC as a HTPC!! I just installed a WINTV 401 tuner card using the s-video input switched via an AV Receiver (main video source = DishPlayer702). I have powerstrip installed and can use 960x540, and 720x480 resolutions into my Philips 55pp9701's VGA input. My video card is an ASUS V7700 GEForce2 GTS. Processor = Athlon T-Bird 1GHz, and 128MB PC133 SDRAM on an ASUS KT133 mobo. Win98 OS

Here's my question... finally. Is there any software I should be using in addition to powerstrip and the wintv2000 to improve the s-video signal being displayed via the WINTV card? The picture looks great with the following minor issues.

- I would like to be able to adjust the geometry of the full screen video displayed thru the wintv2000 app.

- The very slight horizontal (interlaced looking) lines in some parts of the video when in full screen mode.

- Solid colors appear a bit noisy (slight brightness flicker)

These are all minor issues, and as for using the HTPC compared to just the analog inputs of this set I find this setup to be a nice little improvement of pic quality.

Any reccommendations as to where to go next (software-wise) would be greatly appreciated. This board is stocked with great info, and I would like to thank all of you with your help!!

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Using the DScaler software is probably your best option for dealing with an S-video input from your receiver.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.