AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to build a new HTPC and retire the one I have now. I am thinking to go with an 845G-based motherboard with P4 1.6A (1.6 MHz) processor and a Theater 410 sound card. I have on hand an older Radeon LE video card, which I intend to use to play the DVD. This is going to be a dedicated HTPC for my Marquee 8000 CRT projector. The OS will be the Win XP. I have a few questions before I jumped in:

1. Motherboard choice.

There are two boards with 845G chipsets that I am aware of. They are the MSI 845G Max and the Gigabyte GA-8IGXP. Since I may want, in the future, to overclock the P4 1.6A processor I’ll be using, which of those two boards have the best software control for the overclocking purposes? And also, in general, which one is the better board stability wise?

2. DVD Software choice.

I am somewhat confused with the choice for the DVD player to go with. Presently I am using ATI 4.1 player in conjunction with Radeon LE and Hoontech audio card under Win98SE. The PQ on my Marquee 8000 CRT projector is excellent. So, once I change the hardware and the OS, what would be the best DVD Player, given what is available, to use with the Theater 410 Sound card and the Radeon LE under the WinXP? Oh, yes, I intend to use the 6 analog outputs from the 410 Sound Card, as I do have six power amps.

Thanks,

Vadim

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.