AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any info on new players with this connection? Looking for something compatible with Pioneer Receivers ( either Pioneer or another brand). This new player will be used mostly with SACD / DVD Audio playback).

Will have to upgrade our 49TX to Firewire. This upgrade ends in June or July.

Thanks, Tom

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by TS45
Any info on new players with this connection? Looking for something compatible with Pioneer Receivers ( either Pioneer or another brand). This new player will be used mostly with SACD / DVD Audio playback).

Thanks, Tom
Are you looking for info on players with support for audio via 1394 or video via 1394?

-phil

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Phil,

Audio via IEEE. As was pointed out to me in this forum, the Video De-interlacing end of the Pioneer 47AI is mediocre at best and I found that unacceptable. Would like to find a DVD player that will interface with the Pioneer 49TX receiver, a less expensive Pioneer player (changer please?) even with the poor De-interlacing would work so long as I could take advantage of the IEEE connection.

I believe one is due out (Pioneer DVD changer).

Thanks, Tom

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by TS45
As was pointed out to me in this forum, the Video De-interlacing end of the Pioneer 47AI is mediocre at best and I found that unacceptable.
I'm afraid I can't help with your quest, I just wanted to make sure what you were looking for was clear.

I've often wondered by Pioneer keeps sticking with their own de-interlacing technology. They should just bite the bullet and license the DCDi technology, then they'd have some competetive products.

-phil

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.