AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys -

I am building a new home and looking for some advice from the pros. This is my first time into home theater arena - have 4 LED TV in the house. From all the research I have done Epson 5030UB seems to be a fairly good projector for the value. Do you all agree or is there any other I should consider. Also for the screen brand. I have no idea so really looking for some help. From the size perspective, either a 100 or 119" screen will go. I am not looking to drop a fortune on the screen - under $1500. Please advise on the vendor (Da-Lite, SI etc.) and any particular model.

Thanks
Tabish

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Hi guys -

I am building a new home and looking for some advice from the pros. This is my first time into home theater arena - have 4 LED TV in the house. From all the research I have done Epson 5030UB seems to be a fairly good projector for the value. Do you all agree or is there any other I should consider. Also for the screen brand. I have no idea so really looking for some help. From the size perspective, either a 100 or 119" screen will go. I am not looking to drop a fortune on the screen - under $1500. Please advise on the vendor (Da-Lite, SI etc.) and any particular model.

Thanks
Tabish

Welcome to the forum! I have a 5030 and love it but you'll get much more response if you post in one of the projector forums. Either "projectors above $3K" or "projectors below $3K", take your pick. Initially the 5030 was $3K, that's why it's there but there are posts in both forums. This forum is just for screens. Re. the screen, I'm using a budget 120" electric screen that I purchased from htdepot.com over 4 years ago that continues to work great and although NON-tensioned its never had any wrinkles or waves. I don't believe they still sell it but I'm convinced this is the same screen. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Favi-120-16...427?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item339f5c4cdb
Maybe I just got lucky because I have seen posts where others DID have waves with it. You certainly can't beat the price. Your best bet is a fixed frame screen if you can use one in your room--I can't.
Good luck with your decision, hope this helps.

Ed

·
Registered
19,081 Posts
Hi guys -

Thanks
Tabish

The Epson 5030 is good, as is the Sony HW40 ( in the same price category ). For a good reasonably priced screen, Carada is a good choice - http://www.carada.com/

Feel free to call us at AV Science if you have questions. :)

·
Registered
19,081 Posts
Thanks guys for the response and advise. So the Da Lite or SI are not preferred vendors?

They make very good screens too, as does Stewart. However, their best screens may approach the cost of your projector. I was just throwing out another idea. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts