AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any word yet on the new Infocus HT, or the Plus Piano.

As I am an enthusiast on a budget, what options do I have in the $2000 to $3000 region ?

Also, I cannot stand the rainbow artifact. Elaborate on colour wheel speeds, and visibility of these artifacts. Thanks for your help.

I can't wait to get a projector, but I think I would need to wait for starter HT projectors....

Thanks, keep it up !

Richard

·
Registered
187 Posts
The Piano is already out in Japan. They are selling for 298,000 yen here. I don't know when it will hit the market in the States.

·
Registered
139 Posts
As you probably know,the Piano is a known product(visit the Plus website),the only question is price and whether the Plus software engineers can rejig it to accept progressive scan(the Japanese model can't).Personally I'd be quite happy with the Japanese version if the price is the same.The LT150 threads are proof enough that people will buy a 'slightly flawed' product if it's cheap enough.

The Infocus HT I've given up on,not a word in 6 months,smacks of a marketing ploy to gauge public interest to me.Hopefully Infocus will prove me wrong with a killer product.Guess I haven't completely given up hope.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
A few weeks ago I talked to both a service tech and a customer service person at Infocus. They didn't even know about the www.infocushome.com website. They insisted that it must have been done by a third party, until I sent them the link. The tech's response was, "I see the marketing boys are at work again."

According to the tech and customerservice person, the only new projector is the LP530. I also sent an email to their CFO last week, but no resonse. This week I'll try their CEO and their product development manager.

If Infocus really does have an HT system, can they really put together a distribution system to get their product to the consumer. When Sony, Sharp and the others see that consumers are interested in projection systems, they already have distributions networks in place. Can Infocus compete?

Jon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.