AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The InFocus HT web site ( http://www.infocushome.com ) has been updated. It's now just a single page which says that more info is coming and has a picture of the HT projector. This looks like a picture of the 530 except that the IR sensor is on top of the unit, not the front, but it looks as if it has speaker vents.

Those of us who can't afford the new DLPs still might have hope!!

-phil

[This message has been edited by PhilB (edited 09-24-2001).]

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
That's an attactive looking case design.

Does anyone have the basic specs on it yet?

Bob

------------------

~ An AMERICAN Cheapskate (I stopped being a "Sultan" on 9.11.01) ~

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Walter,

I somehow missed your ealier post when you posted it. It sounds like this is going to happen faster than I expected. 7000DM = ~$3400. Nice price. Unfortunately this sounds like it's not the 1280x720 DMD. Hopefully the rumored XGA version is not far behind.

-phil

·
Registered
134 Posts

Seems like a worthy contender of the other entry level DLPs (Plus Piano comes to mind).

Anyone seen any specs on the contrast ratio though?

Also, did they announce the model name yet?

Matt

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
I spoke with the Infocus product manager at Infocomm.

From that conversation, I got the following impressions:

-- the HT machine would look like the 530

-- 16X9 DLP with the WSVGA chip (same as Piano)

-- brighter than Piano

-- would handle 480P, 720P, and 1080I (the Piano does not)

-- would be announced this fall. I had assumed before CEDIA but that didn't happen.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rlsmith,

When you spoke to the InFocus product manager, did he mention anything about an native 16:9 (HD1) based HT proj? If not, did you ask him about it?

-phil

·
Registered
3 Posts
THE LP530 is a cool projector. If you want all the detailed specs, you'll find them on the Electroboard website - www.electroboard.com.au

the reason the LP530 looks like the HT machine is that it uses the addition of a module which will give ability to add all these other features at a later date - eg, wireless and hometheatre.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hi all,

as far as I know from the CES2001, InFocus will release two HT-units: one with the SVGA-DM 848x600 chip, the second will be the 1280x720 WXGA version. In both cases Faroujda processing is used with an outboard-box for easy connecting.

Also Plus - also a big player in dlp-business - will bring a better SVGA-DM version a little bit later. The present Piano stays as the entry-level unit. The WXGA resolution is only a matter of time.

------------------

Graz, home town of the Terminator...

·
Registered
260 Posts
While I like the 2000-lumen output of the LP530, the contrast range is either 400:1 or 300:1 (what I've seen so far). Maybe they increased the color-wheel white segment size to get the higher brightness? When I tried an NEC LT81 DLP (800 lumen) with 400:1 contrast, I couldn't accept the loss of shadow detail - any shadowed area became a flat black blob.

Does the LP530 (a FEW have it) suffer from this, or does the increased brightness improve shadow detail? This may be why Infocus has been insisting that the LP530 "is not The One" - it doesn't sound competitive as an HT unit.

I'd really like to buy something for Christmas, but the XGA version could be a real contender. "How long do I have to wait..." Got those Hesitation Blues again...

·
Registered
349 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.