AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had sat c and oval installed. The tech could not get a good signal, claimed a tree needed to be removed...so I took out the tree. Tech said that if you can see channel 99 and 400 then you can see the 110 sat and are ready for HD. Well...thats not the way it worked. Using Sony HD100 stb, check signal on all 3 sats different transponders. Results vary. From 0 to high 80's. No HD channels appear, just black screens. I use the same tuner for OTA and it works great. Spent 1 hour with D* today. They can't figure it out. Said to call tech. Any have any other thoughts...I read a lot of threads this AM. Not sure where to start in troubleshooting. If someone has the time to read and respond I would appreciate it.

07417- az 241, tilt 56, ele 30.

other stb in house say no signal on 110/119. If I sound a little confused, I am.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Sounds like you are not recieving SAT B or C. Make sure your Sat reciever in the "Settings" is set up for a 3-LNB dish. It may be set to single LNB. If that's not the case it could be a couple of things.

#1, it could be a bad dish (Terks with switch built in snout have had bad ones in the past)

#2, there could still be obsticles in the way. The 119 sat is the lowest one on the horizon. I don't know which of the 101 or 110 sats are lower, but if you raise the dish up a few feet and get "A" and "C" to come in, but no "B", then it is a tree issue.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, checked all settings again. definitely on 3 lnb oval setting on stb. confused by hd100, showing signal strength of 85+ on sat c and b. and rca stb showing no signal on 110 and 119. checked multiswitch. not using built-in using external 4x4.

·
Super Moderator
18,646 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by pbeyda
checked multiswitch. not using built-in using external 4x4.
What do you mean you're "not using the built-in?" If you have a Phase III dish (all 3 LNBs fused into a single brick on the end of the dish) then you can't bypass the internal switch. If you have an external multiswitch hooked to the outputs of a built-in switch (such as the Phase III) then you'll only get Sat A signals unless the external multiswitch is a special "cascading" switch.

Check the video on NASA, BYU and RFD. If the video doesn't fit the channel (NASA is space stuff, not movies), then that's likely what you've done.

Doc

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
Do you have all four outputs of the dish put into your ms? To use an external ms you need all four from the oval PIII dish (outputs are L and R from two (really) sats).

Or better, why use your external at all? You have four available outputs from the internal ms, as Dr Don said. You need an external ms only if you have more than 4 IRDs or want to add OTA, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.