AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Bubble Boy" gave my new JVC N40bk 480i component micro sutters on pans while my Daewoo 5700 and Panny RP62 didn't. It's film based. Tried video modes, film, and normal modes without improvement (actually video was worst). JVC did fine with Starwars Episode II (looks real good with my PJ using AVT-3700 scaler (all players going through this scaler using A-B component switching from my receiver to compare). I'll keep the JVC due to cool adjustments like gamma, saturation, tint, Y-C delay (awesome feature to sharpen up text display), and brightness). No CUE either that and I bought online and returning will be painful and costly. Any others noted the JVC line doing this?

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good point. I guess the deinterlacing mode would not really apply to 480i :D I will try in on 480p although PQ is inferior on my XGA DLP than 720p using my AVT-3700 scaler. I don't think it's the scaler as the other 2 480i component outputs (Daewoo and Panny RP62) are silky smooth. May be it has to do with the Y-C delay and other image enhancing features of the JVC (more load on the MPEG chip of JVC?

·
Banned
3,539 Posts
I noticed this on the JVC N50BK on the new DVD movie "The Hunted" during pans as well and I've seen others report this on forums. I tested with other DVDs and didn't see that issue, so its only a few DVDs perhaps ones with incorrect flags? I saw it in progressive mode with any setting (auto,film,video) not sure about interlaced mode. I switched to a Panasonic XP30 DVD player and don't get that effect. I did read in the big DVD shootout they mentioned the JVC's weak video de-interlacer causes strange looking pans/zooms in scenes compared to the more advanced de-interlacers like the Faroudja, perhaps thats the issue here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.