AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I just got my KDL-37M3000 from a Sony Outlet and this is a Factory New. I had tried the HDMI1 connector with my PS3 but only blank picture shows. I checked the connections and even used another working HDMI connector that I use for my Xbox but both results are "blank screen" with a "static ticking sound".

I have a 5-yr warranty but I believe I can have sony replace it tomorrow and still have my 5-yr warranty since it is even less than 30 or 14 days.

I guess I have to drive back 60miles again...

Is the HDMI connection defective? I believe so.

What do you think?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi,

I'm sorry I can't answer your specific question, but my mom is also looking at purchasing this television at the Sony outlet. Would you please post your experience with them once you have resolved the issue. I'll be watching this thread. Thank you and good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went to Gilroy sony outlet today and what we did was to check all stock of KDL-37M3000 in their store and all the 3 that we tested has issues with the HDMI input. the support even used a new blueray player and a new hdmi cable but there is no display. so, here is what i did.

the KDL-37M3000 is on sale no, around $780, plus a 15% discount. the support, Joseph, was very helpful. since 2 of the 3 units that we had tested has a problem with the hdmi connection I told Joseph that I will buy the 3rd factory new un-opened box and he gave 10% more discount since I drove back there again. so I ended up paying around $710 including $89 5-yr warranty.

so. i know that the unit that i got has a problem with its hdmi, i will call sony service after a few days and let them fix it since I have a 90 labor in-house and 1 yr material warranty under sony and an extended warranty untill 5-yrs.

buttom line, I will save a lot...

hope this helps.

percy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts