AVS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, so thanks to all the input i've received and the info i've read here, i pulled the trigger on a KURO 5080HD and i'm expecting it to be delivered on Sunday morning... now here's my problem: the AFC Championship game (GO CHARGERS!!!) is at noon, which gives me NO time for any sort of burn-in! will it be safe to watch the game? or should i just not set up the KURO until tomorrow evening after the games? i really want to watch the game on a new 50" screen, but don't want to damage my new toy either!

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
126 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by erl /forum/post/12870794

okay, so thanks to all the input i've received and the info i've read here, i pulled the trigger on a KURO 5080HD and i'm expecting it to be delivered on Sunday morning... now here's my problem: the AFC Championship game (GO CHARGERS!!!) is at noon, which gives me NO time for any sort of burn-in! will it be safe to watch the game? or should i just not set up the KURO until tomorrow evening after the games? i really want to watch the game on a new 50" screen, but don't want to damage my new toy either!

thanks in advance!

What woulda been REALLY cool woulda been to watch the Seahawks/Giants too...

...*sigh*...wouldacouldashoulda...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
D-Nice,

thanks! coming from you, that takes a load off my mind... i will be vigilant about burn-in for the next two weeks or so, though.

yzzub,

i would have been all about seeing the Seahawks making back to the Superbowl (they were ROBBED!), but would really like to see the Chargers and the Giants in the Superbowl... imagine the irony if Rivers beat Manning.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Definitely watch the game. Hopefully you have an HD signal and just fill up the whole screen.

Quote:

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
906 Posts
I don't see why not, i watched the USC game right after i got my 50PX77U

·
Registered
148 Posts

Quote:

thanks in advance!

Watch the game and don't worry about it (which you will). So flip around during commercials to ease your mind.(which won't really do anything)

You will watch Chargers and they will look better than they ever have before--- of course that is your Plasma doing that.. not them on the field.

Of course, I hope that I am wrong!

·
Registered
35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by erl /forum/post/12871103

...but would really like to see the Chargers and the Giants in the Superbowl... imagine the irony if Rivers beat Manning.

Not gonna happen. We'll be watching a Pats / Packers rematch on Feb 3rd. The Pats will go 19-0. I'll be watching the games on my 4 day old 5080HD. Enjoy yours too...

You guessed it. Pats fan here.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook /forum/post/12871331

congrats on the new panel, condolences on the impending loss !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1
Just watch the game and in-joy it you new TV (worry free) and I really am sorry for your loss, maybe the Pats will take pity on them

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NO love for my Chargers at all?!?!?!?! even after they beat the Colts? aww, man...

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
It's a shame your first enjoyment of your new panel, is going to be a mixed bag.

Sorry Chargers.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
maybe not the ending i wanted, but still an amazing experience (i knew 50" was going to be a big increase over 32", but not that huge... WOW!)... i'm proud of my Chargers! it wasn't the beating that all the commentators predicted... we'll see you next year!

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I cannot believe that you were actually considering NOT using your new plasma to watch the championship games.

·
Registered
157 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawdoni /forum/post/12878485

Now tell me, does fox hd football look better than the rest, or what?

If I remember correctly, it was just the opposite last week. The NYG/GB game IS looking very good on the 5080 though!

·
Registered
307 Posts

Quote:

....now here's my problem: the AFC Championship game (GO CHARGERS!!!)....

You're right, that is a problem. To their credit, it's hard to stop perfection. Good game though, until the 2nd half

I'm watching the GB/NYG game on my Kuro 5080HD and it's all tied up 20-20. Hopefully the Pack will pull it through cuz i REALLY don't want to see another manning even have a sniff at the lombardi trophy. Bret does scare me a little bit though, but i think it would be the better matchup.

Anyways, i do actually have something to say. What settings are you using for watching the game? Right now i'm watching it on Optimum settings but it just looks dark. I just came from my buddy's house who has the Elite 720p version from last year (PRO1140HD). His just seems brighter and more rich. I could have got his TV for $500 more... i'm starting to think I should have.....

any thoughts?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts