AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after waiting for my new 52" Samsung to arrive, it came today. Carefully mounted it and waited 8 hours for it to get to room temp, before turning it on. Well, as the title says, 'IT'S DEAD!!!' I get the nice Chime on power-up, I can see the screen get a little ligther but nothing after that? No OSD menu display, nothing! I hit the source button, and I can see the screen blink slightly, but still nothing. Anything else I can do (any kind of reset) that may fix the issue? It's the Samsung LN-52A550.

Thanks,

Dave...

·
Registered
15,999 Posts
Assuming you connected it correctly to an antenna or cable/satellite box, why would you possibly want to keep this display? Exchange it for another one! Where did you buy it?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillP /forum/post/15575705

Assuming you connected it correctly to an antenna or cable/satellite box, why would you possibly want to keep this display? Exchange it for another one! Where did you buy it?

I'm already getting a new one, for an exchange. I was just wondering if there was something or some menu option I don't know about, that 'might' resolve the issue. I purchased it from Amazon. When I called them, they had no problem exchanging for a new one, at no charge to me! Still sucks taking the day off work for the delivery, spending time re-cabling everything, reprogrammig the entire remote, hanging it (Boy she sure looks good) and then, nuttin!

Thanks,

Dave...

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
this time power it up before you sign for it and before the delivery guys leave

the only reset might be to unplug it for 10 minutes or so and then try again.

·
Registered
538 Posts
yea definitely just open the box and turn the set on before the delivery guys leave, that way if theres a problem again they can take it back on the spot.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by eneyman /forum/post/15577568

yea definitely just open the box and turn the set on before the delivery guys leave, that way if theres a problem again they can take it back on the spot.

I don't think it's a good idea, powering up a new LCD after it's been sitting in a warehouse & then a truck, when it's only 10 degrees outside. The LCD should be close to room temputure before powering it up. The day it arrived, it was only about 8 degress outside and the LCD was very cold!

Dave...

·
Registered
1,754 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero_Dave /forum/post/15585985

I don't think it's a good idea, powering up a new LCD after it's been sitting in a warehouse & then a truck, when it's only 10 degrees outside. The LCD should be close to room temputure before powering it up. The day it arrived, it was only about 8 degress outside and the LCD was very cold!

Dave...

except the sony set-up instructions on say that in those circumstances if there is a display problem, then shut it off and wait for the condensation to disappear, i.e. try it and if no problem, no problem.

TVbc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts