AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
It looks interesting. It would be more so if it was XGA or better. This will allow some placement options off-center from the screen that you can't do today.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Gary, maybe I got you all wrong but...

The lens shift is BOTH vertical and horizontal and all done with optics which means you move the entire LCD panel to the side or up and down therefor you don't need XGA.. well not for that purpose anyway.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Gary just meant that XGA is better as it's higher resolution especially with HDTV coming out. The VT45's downfall with HT is SVGA LCD which guanrantees screendoor at 12 feet or less from screen. The optical lens shift is very useful for placement to prevent keystoning but won't help resolution. The Sony Cineza is similar with SVGA LCD with vertical and horizontal lens shift. Seems like they're catering to the "normal" people who don't want to mess with precise positioning of PJ.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks tahustvedt for almost completing my reply,

but I feel that to many read the thread to fast missing

out the point, or details. tahustvedt

ends by wondering if the lensshift is optical.... I just wrote

that it is two replies erlier... :)

OK, I must have to much time putting in a reply like this

but it sure boosts this tread ??

Huey, how can you possibly know what Gary meant. Read it

again and you might interpretet it differently.

And do the unnormal people want to "mess with precise positioning"... No!!.. Can you compare the Sony with the NEC in this respect.. No... The NEC will allow a "mess-free unprecise positioning" with a precise optically lens shifted picture..... YES.. I know still in SVGA... but I dont think the resolution was point here.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Calm down Frizzie, I was just trying to help. Maybe Gary could clarify what he meant.

Here is the link to Sony Cineza PDF literature:
www.avmall.com/vplhs1cineza.pdf

It just said correction for horizontal and vertical keystoning but did not specify optical or purely digital. I stand corrected if you know that it's just digital and not optical.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I have downloaded the manual from the SONY site and the function to change keystone is called "DIGIT KEYSTONE".

I don't mind making sure the projector is positioned right. It's not exactly a difficult task. :)

TAH

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
For the record, my comment about XGA or better resolution referred to HDTV compatibility. The fault is mine - I realized afterwards that our fellow Forum members from Europe do not automaticly include US HDTV standards in the criteria for judging a particular projector's suitability for Home Theater use. I apologize for the confusion.

I also share the opinion that digital keystone is a feature with little value for HT use - for a permanent installation, one should always plan for perfect projection geometry with no digital keystone correction.

Gary

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.