AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I used to have a 3 year old Sony Bravia and did not like picture quality.

I like the look of Samsungs but Sony made a GoogleTV.

Samsung UN46D6400UF
Sony NSX-46GT1

Can I get some input on which one I should get, and any potential issues if they are known. Or any other recommendation.

I play video games, is the Game Mode okay on the Samsung? That is the tv I am leaning to get

Thank you everybody

·
Registered
2,657 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdk1091 /forum/post/20882132

Hi

I used to have a 3 year old Sony Bravia and did not like picture quality.

I like the look of Samsungs but Sony made a GoogleTV.

Samsung UN46D6400UF
Sony NSX-46GT1

Can I get some input on which one I should get, and any potential issues if they are known. Or any other recommendation.

I play video games, is the Game Mode okay on the Samsung? That is the tv I am leaning to get

Thank you everybody

Both companies make respectable options, do you have a budget? I assume you're wanting to stay in the 46 inch range?

·
Registered
12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6SpeedTA95 /forum/post/20883477

If you're patient and wait till the holidays it may be possible to pickup a 46in xbr 929 for close to your budget.

Just a thought.

I was planning on buying the Sony 46HX729 next week in time for football season and Resistance 3. However, you just mentioned in time for the holidays a possible discount into $1500 range on the 46HX929?

I wasn't paying attention to the past Holiday discounts on TVs but when do they usually start?

·
Registered
2,657 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstars /forum/post/20883552

I was planning on buying the Sony 46HX729 next week in time for football season and Resistance 3. However, you just mentioned in time for the holidays a possible discount into $1500 range on the 46HX929?

I wasn't paying attention to the past Holiday discounts on TVs but when do they usually start?

Probably more like 1749 or 1799...but 'm also just guessing. If you want a set now then pickup a 729 or the Samsung. I wouldn't completely rule out plasma either...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.