AVS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a LG 60PK250 I got on black Friday and has a few days remaining to replace it with a band new set due to it have 2 stuck pixels ( one red , one blue ) which I can only see on white screens. Yet I sit very close ~ 5ft to the screen and it keeps bothering me.

How is the QC on the LG PK series? Am I luck to only have 2 stuck pixels?

If so, I will keep it but if not, I want to return it.

·
Banned
568 Posts
I currently own 3 TVs: 1 lcd, and 2 plasmas (all 2+ yrs old), and none of them have had any pixel issues (none are LG). I'd be in the same boat with you if you just bought a new TV that came with lamed-out pixels! ...However, I'm also the guy who would try convince myself that its not a big deal

But at the end of the day, it's your $, and your eyes. If those pixels piss you off, then send the TV back. But if you're the kind of guy who "stops caring" about stuff a few weeks after the fact, then don't worry about 'em. I'm a PQ-whore, so dead pixels would probably always annoy me

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by neokeelo /forum/post/19569300

I have a LG 60PK250 I got on black Friday and has a few days remaining to replace it with a band new set due to it have 2 stuck pixels ( one red , one blue ) which I can only see on white screens. Yet I sit very close ~ 5ft to the screen and it keeps bothering me.

If it's bothering you, return the set.

Quote:
How is the QC on the LG PK series? Am I luck to only have 2 stuck pixels? If so, I will keep it but if not, I want to return it.

It doesn't matter if the QC is poor on the PK series, there should be no stuck or dead pixels on any flat panel TV - not even on an el-cheapo $300 model. Not acceptable. Return it while you can.

·
Banned
2,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters /forum/post/19569443

It doesn't matter if the QC is poor on the PK series, there should be no stuck or dead pixels on any flat panel TV - not even on an el-cheapo $300 model. Not acceptable. Return it while you can.

Dude, I think there are not many plasma TVs out there that have no dead pixels. My world-class 2004 technology Panny 7UY has 1 dead pixel from day 1 while the 2005 tech Panny 9UK has 2.

Now if you were to ask "Should the plasma screen have no dead pixels?" The answer of course is "YES". But it's just the manufacturing processes aren't perfect. Materials isn't always perfect either. What if that dude decides to exhange for another one and turns out it has 3 dead pixels...HA HA HA
It's a gamble......

Thread Starter, where are the dead pixels located? Are they in the center area or off to the side or in the corner of the screen?

·
Registered
975 Posts
I have a LG 50pk540 and three pixels seems to stick/unstick at random. The one in the center of the screen does it the most. Funny my old 2006 no name Maxent didn't have any stuck pixels. Something like random static noise but in color seems to unstick the pixels the fastest.

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAnoobieCheez /forum/post/19570647

Dude, I think there are not many plasma TVs out there that have no dead pixels.

I disagree. What do you base this assertion on? I've read tens if not hundreds of thousands of posts here over the years and i haven't seen very many complaints of dead or stuck pixels on various brands of Plasma TVs. Reports were more prevalent several years ago, but not so much anymore. If it were as you say, this forum would be peppered with complaints from the vast majority of plasma owners.

Quote:
My world-class 2004 technology Panny 7UY has 1 dead pixel from day 1 while the 2005 tech Panny 9UK has 2

And i would have returned them immediately. I have three Panasonic plasmas and there are no dead or stuck pixels on any of em. And the dozen or so Panasonic Plasmas i've installed or set up for people have no dead or stuck pixels either when i performed a final cleaning of the screen, nor do the few Samsungs and Pioneers i've set up. And of the hundreds of store display models i've looked at, i've only seen a few with dead or stuck pixels.

Quote:
Now if you were to ask "Should the plasma screen have no dead pixels?" The answer of course is "YES". But it's just the manufacturing processes aren't perfect. Materials isn't always perfect either. What if that dude decides to exhange for another one and turns out it has 3 dead pixels...HA HA HA
It's a gamble......

Do what others here have done - return again and again until he gets a good one, or a refund.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The 2 pixel are located near the center of the screen, one being almost dead center :\\ again, not a deal breaker and hard to notice except when its a white scene or the focus of the frame is on the center. I talked to the guy yesterday and he said just call them and they would come out and let me know how long it would take to replace it no charge.

·
Banned
2,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters /forum/post/19571667

I disagree. What do you base this assertion on?

My gut feeling.

... just kidding. It's based on my experience with my TV's and forum posters' experiences with their panels several years ago.

Quote:
I've read tens if not hundreds of thousands of posts here over the years and i haven't seen very many complaints of dead or stuck pixels on various brands of Plasma TVs. Reports were more prevalent several years ago, but not so much anymore. If it were as you say, this forum would be peppered with complaints from the vast majority of plasma owners.

And i would have returned them immediately. I have three Panasonic plasmas and there are no dead or stuck pixels on any of em. And the dozen or so Panasonic Plasmas i've installed or set up for people have no dead or stuck pixels either when i performed a final cleaning of the screen, nor do the few Samsungs and Pioneers i've set up. And of the hundreds of store display models i've looked at, i've only seen a few with dead or stuck pixels.

Do what others here have done - return again and again until he gets a good one, or a refund.

Well dang that's a lot of work..... for both the employees at the store and I. These plasmas (like mine) weigh a ton! 95.4 lbs!!! It's not fun lifting these TV's around...

·
Registered
40 Posts
unless it's an easy exchange, otherwise don't bother, you will not notice if you watch normal shows and don't hunt for them. My new Panny S2 has 1 stuck and I've not noticed it at all if I don't hunt for it and it's been 3 months already.

the problem for us is we care too much for 1/(1920x1080) pixel. just relax and enjoy the TV. you will forget all about it after a few months

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
While you have the ability to return the set for a refund, you should have them replace it until you get one with zero defects on the screen and you're completely happy with your purchase.

Your options are more limited later, where the manufacturers dead/lit pixel policy will affect when they may repair or replace it. But right now is when it's really simple: you're unhappy with the defect and want one without such defects.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have had 3 plasmas over the past 40 days and the first pn50c450 had ~7 stuck pixels, the 2nd a pn50c550 had 3 and my current pn50c550 has 1. Only see it when I'm running the pixel whitewash thing.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am returning the TV this afternoon, the manager said I could open the new TV in the store and inspect it for any flaws. What is the best method of checking for bad pixels? I will run the white wash ( pure white screen) but what about pixels that are stuck red, blue or white?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just exchanged my 60 inch LG plasma last night. This one has 0 dead or stuck pixels and is running great.

They wouldn't give me the box but instead swapped the new on they had in the box for mine since I already threw the box away. I guess they are going to ship it back to LG.

I'm glad I took the trouble to exchange it. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAnoobieCheez /forum/post/19577393

My gut feeling.

... just kidding. It's based on my experience with my TV's and forum posters' experiences with their panels several years ago.

Well dang that's a lot of work..... for both the employees at the store and I. These plasmas (like mine) weigh a ton! 95.4 lbs!!! It's not fun lifting these TV's around...

Randy is Correct. You are the customer. If you are not happy with your TV during the return period, then exchange it or return it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts