AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well since Mi Casa Multimedia is doing the soundtracks for New Line, just like they did with DVD, I took a gander over at their website. They list quite a few new 7.1 soundtracks in development for HD and all are New Line titles. Looks like we'll see:

Harold and Kumar 2

The Golden Compass

Money Talks

Frequency

Nightmare on Elm Street

The Butterfly Effect

A History of Violence

Rush Hour

Rush Hour 2

The Last Mimzy

Dark City: The Director's Cut

Tenacious D The Pick of Destiny

Not a bad list of titles in the works but I can think of A LOT more from New Line I'd like to see, a lot of which came out in 2007. There are more projects listed but those all have discrete 7.1 mixes so I imagine they were done for Blu-ray since DVD doesn't support 7.1. Hopefully we'll see some announcements soon!

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Crap, still waiting on The New World
I've held off buying that for over a year now waiting on the HD release. I'll be getting Frequency, The Butterfly Effect,A History of Violence and Dark City from that list.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Harold and Kumar 2

The Golden Compass

Money Talks

Rush Hour

Rush Hour 2

Those 5 are definites for me (as long as Harold and Kumar is as good as the first)

Frequency

The Butterfly Effect

A History of Violence

These four are Ebays or BOG1 titles for me. More new stuff for the collection. That is great.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Nightmare on Elm Street in HD would be sweet

Other than that there is only A History of Violence that I'd also buy... the rest of the list...meh... can't they think of better films then Harold & Kumar 2?!?!

·
Registered
2,049 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro J /forum/post/12879017

A History of Violence -- YES!!!!!!!!

BTW, I watched and listened to a 10 minute snippet of The Last Mimzy at EMA this past year and it looked pretty good. But the 7.1 DTS-HD MA sounded amazing (naturally)

Thank you, DTS, for that demo! It is what persuaded me to purchase a Pio 92 for bitstreaming MA tracks.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Thanks Kris. Can't wait for these two...

- A History of Violence

- Dark City: The Director's Cut

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
The Golden Compass and Nightmare On Elm Street are both great news, but kind of expected (one would be a day-and-date, and the other is one of New Line's biggest franchises). But Dark City, that is awesome news! I wasn't expecting that, though I had hoped.

·
Registered
735 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Deering /forum/post/12878998

Well since Mi Casa Multimedia is doing the soundtracks for New Line, just like they did with DVD, I took a gander over at their website. They list quite a few new 7.1 soundtracks in development for HD and all are New Line titles. Looks like we'll see:

Harold and Kumar 2

The Golden Compass

Money Talks

Frequency

Nightmare on Elm Street

The Butterfly Effect

A History of Violence

Rush Hour

Rush Hour 2

The Last Mimzy

Not a bad list of titles in the works but I can think of A LOT more from New Line I'd like to see, a lot of which came out in 2007. There are more projects listed but those all have discrete 7.1 mixes so I imagine they were done for Blu-ray since DVD doesn't support 7.1. Hopefully we'll see some announcements soon!

New Line needs to be doing Lord of The Rings & Blade Trilogy's

That list is boring.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dargo /forum/post/12879488

New Line needs to be doing Lord of The Rings & Blade Trilogy's

That list is boring.

Word on the street is that New Line has had it in the bag for sometime.

Possibly waiting for "proper marketing placement".

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ooooh Nightmare on Elm Street, The Butterfly Effect and Frequency are no brainers for me.

Where is Se7en? Please. Hurry up and lossless audio on these too please.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
I'm all over Dark City and A History of Violence. I'd also be interested in The Golden Compass if they restore all of the cut footage. Otherwise, count me out.

I imagine they might be holding out on LOTR until the 2008 holiday season but I'm surprised that there's nothing on the Blade Trilogy.

·
Registered
572 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooskinneejs /forum/post/12879704

There was a Harold and Kumar 2????!

It's getting ready to be released. I'm not sure that is a good thing.

Dark City should be incredible however.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Definitely looking forward to the eventual LOTR and Blade Trilogy announcements; but, these few from the list will definitely find a place in my BD library:

Harold and Kumar 2

The Golden Compass

Money Talks

Frequency

Nightmare on Elm Street

The Butterfly Effect

A History of Violence

Rush Hour

Rush Hour 2

The Last Mimzy

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I'm a pretty positive guy but that list does leave a bit to be desired.

LOTR is surely be prepped for later this year....

But where are these comedy gems.

Ace Ventura

The Mask

Ace Ventura 2

Dumb & Dumber

and where's the guilty pleasure The Long Kiss Goodnight? That would be a hoot in HD and 7.1 audio.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinZeal /forum/post/12879660

Where is Se7en? Please. Hurry up and lossless audio on these too please.

As good as the transfer was at the time, I wonder if some titles from then are going to have to be redone (if they haven't done so since). That DVD came out in 2000, and some of the transfers from that era aren't looking so hot, such as Edward Scissorhands and some of the Universal HD DVD titles. Perhaps these titles were chosen because they have better masters available.

Unfortunately, some of my most-wanted NL titles are from 2000 or earlier (Boogie Nights, Magnolia, The Sweet Hereafter, Se7en of course).

1 - 20 of 95 Posts