AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 147 Posts

· Registered
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Quote:
New Line Home Entertainment has announced 1-disc and 2-disc special editions of Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay which stars John Cho, Kal Penn, and Rob Corddry. A Blu-ray release will also be available. Each will carry an anamorphic widescreen presentation, and English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround track. The extra material has yet to be revealed I'm afraid, but we'll bring you further details shortly. For now though, here's a look at the artowrk for the special edition DVD and Blu-ray releases:
http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releas...anamo-bay.html

Given New Line's history, I'd expect the audio is actually DTS-HD:MA 7.1, not DD 5.1.

· Registered
3,736 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brajesh /forum/post/13953493

Liked the first one. Is the sequel any good? Got 55% on RT .

It's better. I actually want to watch the second one again. If you don't have an open mind though most of the jokes will be lost on you.

My favorite moment involves a fence. I want a H&K 2pack. It really is a very funny movie. It's mostly pubic jokes and racism, but it works. It might be the smartest dirty comedy ever made.

And there's a really great NPH Starship Troopers joke too. Rob Cordry is probably the best thing about the film.

WHV has the dvd up but not the BD. Hopefully they will have it before the 30% disappears.

· Registered
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DVD Times is reporting both movies will be coming July 29:
Quote:
Also released the same day on Blu-ray Disc is the original movie, Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle. Priced at $28.99 SRP, features are TBC.
http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=67862

Here's to hoping they keep what was possibly the funniest menu system of any disc.

"Dude, I think they were supposed to hit play."

· Registered
8,729 Posts
I also believe that this movie is even funnier than the first entry, but both are hilarious in my opinion.

I noticed a while back on IMDB that AVS member "FilmMixer" worked on the sound mix for this movie. I'm sure the BD won't disappoint on that end.

· Registered
359 Posts
Love the first one, would pick it up on BD. However, I'm still raging over how (IMHO) freaking terrible this one was. I sat in the theatre totally bored, maybe laughed twice. Was very excited to see these two characters again but I hated it, and wouldn't touch it on BD with a ten foot pole.

· Registered
1,775 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBlacklow /forum/post/13957296

Here's to hoping they keep what was possibly the funniest menu system of any disc.

"Dude, I think they were supposed to hit play."

Spent a half hour with the menu
I have both on pre-order from Amazon.

· Registered
6,947 Posts
Are these 2 titles going to be yet another DNR victims from New Line ?

Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle [Extreme Unrated Edition] review is up at dvdtown.

Quote:
The New Line video engineers use a dual-layer BD50, VC-1 transfer to reproduce the 1080p high-definition picture. The 1.85:1 ratio widescreen image is very smooth, very clean, and maybe too often very soft. Colors are excellent--deep, bright, and vivid. In fact, it's hard to fault, except to wish for something more in the way of detail and texture.

· Registered
3,418 Posts
The more the time passes, the more i can't wait to see :

Lord of the DNR : Fellowship of the Casual

Lord of the DNR : 2 Passes

Lord of the DNR : Return of the Grain

· Registered
15,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryoohki /forum/post/14332893

The more the time passes, the more i can't wait to see :

Lord of the DNR : Fellowship of the Casual

Lord of the DNR : 2 Passes

Lord of the DNR : Return of the Grain

Let's pray someone at Warner/New Line actually knows what the hell they're doing when it comes to LOTR. I know the extended DVDs even had too much DNR.

I was interested in picking up "...White Castle," but may just hold off. Newline appears to be saving me money lately because of their DNR madness.

· Registered
6,947 Posts

Quote:
Newline appears to be saving me money lately because of their DNR madness.

Well said. In some sense I am happy that the DNR madness is saving me $$$.

For time being I am going to stick around with Beowulf and Starship Troopers and skip the rest unless they come out with a clean chit.

1 - 20 of 147 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.