AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this new TV at a great deal. I am upgrading from a 32" 720p Olevia which did its job, but I thought I would need an upgrade.

Dont get me wrong, out of the box, Avatar with AMP does look excellent and exceeds any picture quality I am used to, but most everything else doesn't seem as good.

1.) My BD movies through my PS3 all have a varying audio delay, and there is nothing more irritating to me than that. There is also a delay of some sort when I watch tv through my Dish Network box.

I was running both the PS3 and the Dish box with HDMI through my Sony HT-SF2000 home theatre system ( http://www.sonystyle.com:80/webapp/w...specifications ). I never had sync issues before with any TV on this system.

I am aware of the A/V Sync feature on the receiver, I tried it but each notch I went up it didn't see to alleviate the lip sync problem.

I then plugged the PS3 straight into the TV, thus forcing me to run an optical cable for audio (not satisfactory). There still seems to be some issue, not as much, but still lip syncing problems.

Any ideas for this one? It still remains bad even with AMP off and running some calibrated settings on the 'Movie' setting.

2.) Why is my overall picture just not as good when watching Dish or Netflix streaming? Is it just the overall size increase of the TV that is causing this?

I was expecting crystal clear Hockey but when I watched it, my friends 37" 720p Dynex looked clearer.

And he has no calibration either.

My Hockey looked like it was full of artifacts and just not clear. I like my image to pop but most calibration settings posted here dull down the brightness, and lack pop. I enjoy the natural intended look for certain things, but I guess I just cannot find a perfect medium for picture on this set

I want to love the TV but I just need to figure out the root of these issues. Any help is much appreciated!

·
Registered
270 Posts
I had a 52" Toshiba that had that too. I had to call the chain I bought it from several times before the tech came over. It took a couple tries, but he finally fixed it using just a firmware update. Have you gone to customer service on the website to see if there is one avalable for your tv? Also, you may have to be tenacious about your dealer getting something done. I was very vocal before they sent someone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts