AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was ready to buy the Boxlight 1HD when I realised that the Sanyo was available for the same low price, from a Canadian dealer near home!!

I guess I'll go for it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I talked today with the store's owner, he told me that the Canadian distributor has acquired a VERY BIG lot of PLV-Z1 at a discount price, from Sanyo japan.

I have read in another thread that the Z1 should still be available after the Z2 release, but now I wonder if the phase-out has begun.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I would also get the Boxlight as compared to the Sanyo - if you are going to keep the projector.

The Sanyo was cheaper than the Boxlight. I bought the Sanyo hoping to get an acceptable picture, but when I received it, I was unimpressed and returned it in favor of the Panasonic 300.

·
Registered
110 Posts
One thing to keep in mind is if the Sanyo comes to you through Sanyo Canada it also has a 3 year warranty, and warranty coverage is in Canada. I believe the Boxlight version would be sent back to the States even though you buy it through a "Canadian" distributor.

That said I bought my L200 through a "Canadian" distributor and if something goes wrong it will have to go back to the US for warranty work, but I saved a $1000 CDN over the cheapest LCD option with a Canadian warranty at the time.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's the main reason I went for the Sanyo. I have complete coverage here in Canada, including service for dust blobs, etc...

I was ready to buy the boxlight through a Canadian dealer, but at the same price, I think the Sanyo is mode convenient.

Thanks for all the responses. I will receive my new unit tomorrow. This will be a great improvement over my older Epson Powerlite 810p.

And in three years, I will sell it and buy a Panasonic L800U 1920 X1080 1800:1 contast at the same price (don't private mail me for info on the L800U :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: )

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Yves
And in three years, I will sell it and buy a Panasonic L800U 1920 X1080 1800:1 contast at the same price (don't private mail me for info on the L800U :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: )
You mean: next year! :p

·
Registered
499 Posts
Studio Experience does allow dead blue pixels, but not green or red, which sux since blue seems the most common & most visible.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jim Banville
Studio Experience does allow dead blue pixels, but not green or red, which sux since blue seems the most common & most visible.
That is what my local dealer told me after he spoke with SE....I have heard of people with dead green but yes blue does seem to be the common one.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can you tell me what is the warranty politics for dead pixels from Sanyo? I did not do any research, but I assume it can't be that bad either.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I would concentrate on getting a retailer with a no dead pixel policy rather than dealing with Sanyo. It will be a lot cleaner and quicker.

·
Registered
1 Posts
remorales, I'd like to speak with you regarding your DIY screen using those heavy duty stretcher bars. I'm very interested in going that route but just had a few q's if you don't mind. Could u drop me a line at [email protected] ?

Sorry everybody else! I personally have a Z1 and have had no problems with it as of yet. Good luck!

-Ricardo

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.