AVS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 8552 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,444 Posts
Running the latest Pro beta firmware and the latest Chromapure...when performing an auto cal, the advanced color gamut only lists one choice - 125 colors - even though I've saved the 17x17x17 gamut setting in the Pro...

Is this known behavior at this time? Or a bug?

Thanks

·
Registered
351 Posts
Running the latest Pro beta firmware and the latest Chromapure...when performing an auto cal, the advanced color gamut only lists one choice - 125 colors - even though I've saved the 17x17x17 gamut setting in the Pro...

Thanks
And how did you save your previous calibration in rad pro??
My dealer suggested to me to manually copy all the values
Because ther is not a transfer program between different models yet...
Actually he told me even not to try a new calibration with pro at this beta time...

·
Registered
351 Posts

Thanks
Actually he told me even not to try a new calibration with pro at this beta time...

·
Premium Member
7,444 Posts
I didn't save my old cal; its not supported to upload older Radiance calibrations into the Pro

I updated to the latest firmware this morning, and that issue resolved. But doing an auto cal, there are numerous color pattern glitches, where the pattern flickers for a second, causing bad dE'a on those patterns.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I didn't save my old cal; its not supported to upload older Radiance calibrations into the Pro

I updated to the latest firmware this morning, and that issue resolved. But doing an auto cal, there are numerous color pattern glitches, where the pattern flickers for a second, causing bad dE'a on those patterns.
Ok, so once I will get my pro (sometime in November)
Will be better not to perform a new calibration.. But if I won't be able to transfer my old calibration will remain without any cal.... As I give back my 2041..:confused:

·
Registered
10,539 Posts
http://www.lumagen.com/testindex.php?module=radiancepro_updates

Beta 110415- Added per input memory selection for HDCP 2.2 /HDCP 1.x. This allows older 1.x displays to display material from some of the newer UHD sources (like Shield/FireHD/Roku4). When the UHD source sees that it's connected to a 1.x device it may send lower resolution than UHD (.ie FireHD sends 1080p in this case). This new Pro setting is found in the menu under "Input: HDCP". Please continue giving us your detailed feedback on issues via email at [email protected] .
Update time ~5 minutes @230k from previous firmware

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Will be better not to perform a new calibration.. But if I won't be able to transfer my old calibration will remain without any cal.... As I give back my 2041..:confused:
You cannot transfer old product configuration files to new Pro units. That will come at some point.

If you do not have a good local calibrator or are not self calibrating then, if you do want to move the calibration over, then copying the numbers from old file to new one is an option...but a very tedious one i'd say.

If you are able to calibrate or have a calibrator you use. Get them to come and do a profile of your system using Lightspace or (thanks for the correction MarkH) Calman.....and they will then be able to save that file to download it to the Pro's LUT bank should anything happen in the future before its possible to save the config file from the Pro. The 17x17x17 LUT capability is much better than the 9x9x9 or 5x5x5 in the older units.

·
Registered
351 Posts
You cannot transfer old product configuration files to new Pro units. That will come at some point.

If you do not have a good local calibrator or are not self calibrating then, if you do want to move the calibration over, then copying the numbers from old file to new one is an option...but a very tedious one i'd say.

If you are able to calibrate or have a calibrator you use. Get them to come and do a profile of your system using Lightspace or (thanks for the correction MarkH) Calman.....and they will then be able to save that file to download it to the Pro's LUT bank should anything happen in the future before its possible to save the config file from the Pro. The 17x17x17 LUT capability is much better than the 9x9x9 or 5x5x5 in the older units.
You say that a calibrator could calibrate with calman or lightspace..
I use chromapure.
Anyway with all these sw, as far as I know, you cannot perform an autocal with radiance pro now.
That means that now:
- it's possible to manually calibrate (I can't by myself) but without radiance pro (therefor without cms)
- it's possible to manually copy all the old values of my 2041 in the pro

Well, next months, until beta is going on (april 2016?), should I use the values manually copied without a new calibration once needed again???:eek:

Concerning 17*17*17 I know is better but My display 3 pro needs too
much time and a klain is too expensive...
Not good news.....

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
We are now working on the data-structure changes needed for the Pro. Since much of the setup is different (needs more input modes in the list, no GF9450 "Gennum," more outputs, etc.), the config reader program may not take configurations from older Radiance units to be uploaded to the Pro.

However, we will be looking if we can allow the CMS calibrations to be transferred from an older Radiance to the Pro. Since the CMS in the Pro is the same as the CMS in the 21XX units, it should be possible. Given the major changes to the data structure it is more work than one might expect. So I am not sure when/if we will get to it.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
You say that a calibrator could calibrate with calman or lightspace..
I use chromapure.
Anyway with all these sw, as far as I know, you cannot perform an autocal with radiance pro now.
That means that now:
- it's possible to manually calibrate (I can't by myself) but without radiance pro (therefor without cms)
- it's possible to manually copy all the old values of my 2041 in the pro

Well, next months, until beta is going on (april 2016?), should I use the values manually copied without a new calibration once needed again?
Note that the Radiance Pro auto-cal is working with Calman, Chromapure, and Lightspace and has been working for months now. We have heard couple people have issues with Chromapure getting more than 5x5x5, but I think that has been resolved.

We will be adding the config download capability in the next month most likely. So you will be able to backup your calibrations.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Note that the Radiance Pro auto-cal is working with Calman, Chromapure, and Lightspace and has been working for months now.
Why not with Argyll CMS???

ss

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
You can use Chromapure for calibration, of course. However, the way chromapure works is not the same as the other two. Chromapure does not save measurement data to apply mathematical modeling to that data to create the LUT. It works by doing iterative measurements and adjustments. With Chromapure i'd suggest you choose to do a 729 point cal as a 17x17x17 would take hours and hours with an i1Display Pro. I'd hope that Chrompaure v3 works differently but i have no Knowledge of what Tom is planning.

Reactions: uderman

·
Registered
535 Posts
Hi Gordon, this is interesting. Doesn't this alone makes chromapure more accurate?

·
Registered
10,539 Posts
http://www.lumagen.com/testindex.php?module=radiancepro_updates

Beta 110615- Improves audio muting in cases where some audio processors connected to a Pro output would still produce noise on power up or switching inputs. Also added ability to mute for longer time (in the menu under Global: Audio: Mute Control).
Update time ~1 minutes @230k from previous firmware

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Hi Gordon, this is interesting. Doesn't this alone makes chromapure more accurate?
No....not in my tests. Calman used to work the same way but have moved to a method more similar to the way Lightspace works. With lightspace you measure once and with that data you can then target LUT's for any colourspace or gamma you want. With chromapure you'd have to run the whole iterative process again...and again....and again...I expect Tom has been busy working on a better methodology for LUT creation.

Reactions: uderman

·
Registered
810 Posts
In Key Features for the Pro models, there is a "PiP" and "PoP" feature coming later and i`m not sure i understand this, how does this work and how can users benefit from it?

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
In Key Features for the Pro models, there is a "PiP" and "PoP" feature coming later and i`m not sure i understand this, how does this work and how can users benefit from it?
PiP (Picture In Picture) is a second input displayed as a window over the main image. The window location and size is programmable.

PoP (Picture Outside Picture) is a second input displayed next to a reduced size main image.

Either can be used to have a second program (e.g. football game) so you can watch two at once, or watch one and monitor the other. PiP can also be used to display the OSD of your receiver in a small window on screen, or a doorbell camera or baby camera.

PoP works very well on a 2.35 screen to display two 16:9 sports games.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Ok, sounds like a really nice and useful feature. Thanks for the explanation Jim:)

·
Registered
535 Posts
It would be cool if you could do four 1080p feeds on one 4k screen

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Why not with Argyll CMS???
Graeme at Argyll has a Radiance to test with but has not made progress on Radiance 3D LUT CMS support last I heard. So, there may be Argyll support for Radiance CMS in the future, but that is up to Graeme.

41 - 60 of 8552 Posts