AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just got a bit of an issue with my panasonic 50 inch px600 and macbook. I have hooked up my macbook using a dvi-hdmi lead, and the audio using a 3.5mm to optical lead.

Issue 1: The top and bottom of the desktop are cut off and I can't seem to correct it. Half the dock and most of the top menu bar is missing.

Issue 2: How can I play my ripped dvd's to divx's and experience surround sound? I have looked through the settings in sound but can't seem to output to 5.1?

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by i0Nic84 /forum/post/0

Hey guys, just got a bit of an issue with my panasonic 50 inch px600 and macbook. I have hooked up my macbook using a dvi-hdmi lead, and the audio using a 3.5mm to optical lead.

Issue 1: The top and bottom of the desktop are cut off and I can't seem to correct it. Half the dock and most of the top menu bar is missing.

Issue 2: How can I play my ripped dvd's to divx's and experience surround sound? I have looked through the settings in sound but can't seem to output to 5.1?

Any help would be appreciated.

I don't know if the Panny supports 1:1 pixel mapping. If so, there may be a setting on the TV to do this. My Sharp LCD has a mode called "dot-by-dot" that allows me to have zero overscan.

Also, there should be a tab in the Display System Preference, I forget what the tab is called, but there's a button for "Overscan" that you can check/uncheck. See if that does anything.

Lastly, after exhausting all other options, try using either DisplayConfigX or SwitchResX. You may not be able to get the full 1366x768 resolution, but you might get close.

Good Luck.

BTW, doesn't the 600U have VGA? If nothing else works, try VGA since most TV manufacturers wouldn't be dumb enough to design in overscan on a VGA input.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Issue 2 can be solved using VLC's audio preference "Use S/PDIF when available"

VLC is the only player I've found that supports this.

Anyone know of any others?

--sdm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.