AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
life is good for people who don't understand anything ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleLee /forum/post/16985927

I feel like I have been in that room before

racist !

Kyle this thread proves that your entire existence is meaningless. why model motors when you can just take a random motor design from 10 years ago, slap a 21" piece of cardboard on it and little kiddies on the net will drool to death.

sad.

·
Registered
709 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasyachkin /forum/post/16985945

Kyle this thread proves that your entire existence is meaningless. why model motors when you can just take a random motor design from 10 years ago, slap a 21" piece of cardboard on it and little kiddies on the net will drool to death.

Well, seriously I would pay for the new LMS 18 if it was $700-800.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I'd love to see a pic of an 18 next to a 21.

·
Registered
5,236 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasyachkin /forum/post/16985945

It's not exactly a "random motor design from 10 years ago." DW and KH have updated it considerably, with the AlCu shorting rings.

At any rate, the motor works. I could not reliably distinguish my Maelstrom-X from a JBL W15GTi or an Aura NS12-794-4A. Up to the limits of the Aura, at least. (It was the smallest and shortest-throw driver in the comparison.)

·
Registered
5,828 Posts

Quote:
Ooooohhh my!

Will quad work for you Scott?

Quote:
I'd love to see a pic of an 18 next to a 21.

Here here! Like a 12 next to a 15 except for the motor? Interesting..

·
Registered
1,007 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinculum /forum/post/16990271

Sure is a deep cone.

"Hellooooo... anybody down there?"

or

"Earth calling Dustcap, come in Dustcap.."

Actually, in that picture they have yet to glue the dust cap on. They also don't have the rubber gasket around the basket.

I'll give everyone eye candy with pictures of my other drivers for perspective once they land.

I hope to get a finished version, with a pair of PRs out for a review or some other sort of marketing hoopla too. That will probably take several months. I'll have to see if I can find someone willing to review it. It would be nice to get some exposure in a wider audience.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Haskins /forum/post/16990791

Actually, in that picture they have yet to glue the dust cap on. They also don't have the rubber gasket around the basket.

I'll give everyone eye candy with pictures of my other drivers for perspective once they land.

I hope to get a finished version, with a pair of PRs out for a review or some other sort of marketing hoopla too. That will probably take several months. I'll have to see if I can find someone willing to review it. It would be nice to get some exposure in a wider audience.

I am having a GTG in october? More than happy to give it a go.

·
Registered
50 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Haskins /forum/post/16990791

I need to take a cold shower now.

·
Bass Enabler
21,719 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nn /forum/post/16990087

Will quad work for you Scott?

Here here! Like a 12 next to a 15 except for the motor? Interesting..

Heheheheh. Hey, Steve! *waves*

Yeah, I dunno. I'd have to say that if I had four 21's, I would be done.
At $600 each I may have to "start" with just two. That's to add to quad 18's so I guess I should be okay.

I will definitely take a pic of one of these next to a SS RLp18 when these come out.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertcharles /forum/post/16990902

I am having a GTG in october? More than happy to give it a go.

That would be fine. What I need though is a review in one of the mainstream magazines. The DIYers know about me. I need to reach a wider cross-section of consumers.

·
Registered
26,476 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Haskins /forum/post/16994898

That would be fine. What I need though is a review in one of the mainstream magazines. The DIYers know about me. I need to reach a wider cross-section of consumers.

Does Kal Rubinson (sp?) do subwoofer/driver reviews?

·
Registered
2,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS-21 /forum/post/16988036

I could not reliably distinguish my Maelstrom-X from a JBL W15GTi or an Aura NS12-794-4A. Up to the limits of the Aura, at least. (It was the smallest and shortest-throw driver in the comparison.)

well then your ears are not so good becuse GTI is not even a linear driver.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Haskins /forum/post/16994898

What about trusty old Tom Nouisaine? Is he still reviewing subs for any of the main stream publications? I don't even know anymore. He has tested a bunch of subs over the years and understands bass so when/if your 21" double PR sub spanks the crap out of 99% of the subs he's tested, it'll have some weight to it. He seems like the logical choice.

1 - 20 of 147 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.