AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
According to Malata Canada the 520 is nothing more and nothing less than a 996 in a new case. It is supposed to have all the same features as the 996 but comes in a new case. I am waiting for this player to hit US shores at the end of May so I can buy one. I'll post my findings once I get it.

·
Registered
298 Posts

·
Registered
6,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes & also please tell us if the regionfree remote hack works just like it does on the N996.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Does the 520 that is being sold in the US (e.g. by nbtelectronics.com) (1) have VGA output, and

(2) does it come already region-free? Or do you need to flash it with new firmware?

Also, does the 520 do 3:2 pull down? Does the 996 have 3:2 pulldown?

Thanks

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
996 has 3:2 pulldown.

·
Registered
298 Posts
According to Malata Canada the 520 is nothing more than the old N996 in a new case. That being said I expect it to do everything like the old N996 including the region-free hack. Does it have VGA ? I don't know but more than likely not because VGA was not a standard feature of the N996. I got email that it was shipped today. I'll let you guys know what the deal is once I get the thing.

-MarcW

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hey all you Malata experts,

I got this e-mail from my friend Joel and was wondering if anyone could answer his questions about the Malata 520:
Quote:
do you know if you can set the reion on this player? i have some old discs which i'm pretty sure are not region encoded and wanted to test them using a region other than 1. i can't find any info inthe manul about this.

also, i've heard some people say that there are codes you can enter to bring up hidden menus and get rid of the macrovision. is this true? do you know where i can get these codes?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.