AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been looking at new mid-range receivers, and have yet to pull the trigger. most of the usual suspects have added feature sets i'm looking for, but at the expense of the power side of things ( a subject of multiple threads).

when i opened the marantz site this morning, i saw this...

http://us.marantz.com/Products/172.asp

any news on when they're coming out?

·
Registered
208 Posts
wow, what a high MSRP !!!

What about the higher range? 700x, 800x ?? Any news, is there going to be more new models this year?!?

I love marantz receivers, I own one, but I feel they been sloppy with their receivers range. I think it's better for Marantz once and for all to be assimilated by Denon

About this model, it's very strong

2+4 analogue digital inputs

USB

7.1 analogue inputs

7.1 pre-out

2 HDMI output

LCD Learning remote!!

AC Outlets inputs

The downside

No HDMI-CEC

No RJ45 port

(to confirm) Only upconversion 1080p/60hz via HDMI (no 1080p/24hz)

Only upgradable via RS-232C

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
will the GUI be an overlay?

·
Registered
449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumsky /forum/post/16952798

i've been looking at new mid-range receivers, and have yet to pull the trigger. most of the usual suspects have added feature sets i'm looking for, but at the expense of the power side of things ( a subject of multiple threads).

when i opened the marantz site this morning, i saw this...

http://us.marantz.com/Products/172.asp

any news on when they're coming out?

I bought one from my local dealer last week. He said 2 weeks but from the tone I can tell it may take longer becasue he also gave me a Marantz loaner receiver without HDMI so I can at least enjoy my speakers.

Something interesting about SR-5004 is that it is rated 90wx7 in US website but 100wx7 in Euroupian web site of Marantz. Not that it is a big deal, but interesting the two versions have different wattages.

Here you can check the wattage of euroupian version:

http://www.marantz.com/new/index.cfm...f&prod_id=3834

Both sites rate SR-6004 at 110w/channel!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'd been holding out for the the release of the 5004/6004 to see whether or not I really wanted the extra features over the 6003. Well, with the price-drops in the last couple days on the 6003, including Crutchfield today to $799 (free shipping/no tax outside of VA) lured me in, so I pulled the trigger on the 6003.

Anyone out there desperately wish they had the Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ features? The extra 10 watts doesn't say much to me, particularly since the specs say the 6004 is actually lighter than the 6003. 'Splain that one to me?

I was honestly considering going with the 5004 in place of the 6003, and possibly adding an Emotiva UPA-2 if I felt like I needed more power. But, pulled the trigger on the 6003 cause felt like it's been so well received and couldn't pass up such a good deal.

Anyone else out there with the same dilemma? Or anyone want to reinforce that I made the right choice?

·
Registered
449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfost24 /forum/post/17103682

I'd been holding out for the the release of the 5004/6004 to see whether or not I really wanted the extra features over the 6003. Well, with the price-drops in the last couple days on the 6003, including Crutchfield today to $799 (free shipping/no tax outside of VA) lured me in, so I pulled the trigger on the 6003.

Anyone out there desperately wish they had the Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ features? The extra 10 watts doesn't say much to me, particularly since the specs say the 6004 is actually lighter than the 6003. 'Splain that one to me?

I was honestly considering going with the 5004 in place of the 6003, and possibly adding an Emotiva UPA-2 if I felt like I needed more power. But, pulled the trigger on the 6003 cause felt like it's been so well received and couldn't pass up such a good deal.

Anyone else out there with the same dilemma? Or anyone want to reinforce that I made the right choice?

Have fun with your new receiver. When you pulled the trigger don't read more or search
trust me, you get cold feet. I am in the same dilemma if I need to change my order from SR5004 to SR6004!!

Anyway, SR6004 differences with SR6003 isn't just Dynamic Volume and 10% wattage increase. Here are others:

1- one additional HDMI input

2- Dolby PL-IIz instead of PL-IIx which you can attach 9 speakers

3- Bluetooth and IR receiver

4- Linear power suply for HDMI circuits (not sure what it means)

Also, there is a saying they used new lighter parts so they have managed to decrease the weight on 6004.

Also, my dealer offers 20% off on new models so I could get 6004 for $1000 and 5004 for $680. He offered 6003 3 weeks ago for $800 but I passed.

·
Registered
5,804 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesolo /forum/post/16953172

wow, what a high MSRP !!!

What about the higher range? 700x, 800x ?? Any news, is there going to be more new models this year?!?

I love marantz receivers, I own one, but I feel they been sloppy with their receivers range. I think it's better for Marantz once and for all to be assimilated by Denon

About this model, it's very strong

2+4 analogue digital inputs

USB

7.1 analogue inputs

7.1 pre-out

2 HDMI output

LCD Learning remote!!

AC Outlets inputs

The downside

No HDMI-CEC

No RJ45 port

(to confirm) Only upconversion 1080p/60hz via HDMI (no 1080p/24hz)

Only upgradable via RS-232C

will audyssey work with lossless codecs unlike the 6003/5003?

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
from p38 of 6004 manual:

Notes

Audyssey Front, Audyssey Flat and

Audyssey can be selected after executing the

Auto Setup feature.

If a speaker that was determined No in Auto

Setup is manually turned on, the Audyssey,

Audyssey Front and Audyssey Flat modes

cannot be selected.