AVS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the notice today for the model numbers of the new Marantz pre/pro and amp. The pre/pro is the AV8003 and the amp is the MM8003.

Target pricing (target which means this can change) is $4995.95 retail. Target release is 2nd qurter 2008. (Once chip supply is sorted out).

Will be interesting to see what they entail. I'll try to get more details.

Richard

·
Registered
795 Posts
$4995 each or for both?

·
Banned
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't see it back there in all the pages and it didn't come up on the similar threads search so...

Ah well.

I'll post there too!

Richard

·
Registered
154 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVSRichard /forum/post/12855042

Got the notice today for the model numbers of the new Marantz pre/pro and amp. The pre/pro is the AV8003 and the amp is the MM8003.

Target pricing (target which means this can change) is $4995.95 retail. Target release is 2nd qurter 2008. (Once chip supply is sorted out).

Will be interesting to see what they entail. I'll try to get more details.

Richard

Thanks for the update! Please provide any additional details you can dig up on this unit. Most particularly interested in what the retail will be on the AV8003 alone.

Also can you comment in general on audio difference between the B&K products and the Marantz products based your history and representation of both brands?

·
Registered
860 Posts
Richard - is there any new news on the AV8003 processor? Will AVS carry it when it comes out?

·
Premium Member
1,618 Posts
Can someone confirm if these are made in one of the fenced off Special Economic Zones or is it plain labor camp production ? Interesting to see how the bootlegged units will sell through Hong Kong dealers on the eecky bay

·
Premium Member
1,618 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVSRichard /forum/post/12855424

The whole package from what I understand.

Richard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindamood /forum/post/12855491

There is a previous thread for the new Marantz separates here:

Marantz AV8003 and MM8003
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastD /forum/post/13123846

Curious if these new Marantz units are based on, or share, any of the new Denon pre-pro/amp design, or sub-assemblies?

Hehe, the lower end Denons maibe,, read the labels, made on the mainland

·
Banned
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I love it, looks sweet. I still want it in silver but the problem is it'll look too much like a Cylon Raider. I half exepct there to be a red LED that goes left right left right with the whoo whoom sound.

Richard

1 - 12 of 12 Posts