Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Quote:
SR5600 Dolby Digital EXR/DTS ESR Surround Receiver | $649.99

On the heels of the hugely successful SR5500, Marantz is pleased to announce the all new SR5600. The SR5600 comes with all of the great features that made the SR5500 so popular plus exciting new features. The Marantz SR5600 is a high-performance, high-power home theatre receiver that offers outstanding home theatre surround sound quality, outstanding video conversion and multiroom with multi-source flexibility.

- 90 Watts x 8 Channels

- Simple Set-up Menu and new Cursor Controlled Advanced Menu

- 7 Channels of Discrete Amplification (SA ready - Current Feedback)

- Video Up/Down Conversion

- 32bit DSP with 192 kHz/24-bit D/A converters for all channels

- Variable Crossover Points

- Detachable power cord

- HDCD decoding

- Pure Direct Mode

- Multi-room /Multi-source Audio with discrete commands
Looks nice, but what is DD EXR and DTS ESR?

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landroval
Looks nice, but what is DD EXR and DTS ESR?
I'm pretty sure that it's the "registered" trademark. Looks like somebody totally clueless started with a copy of an old description. On the web site it says DD PL II (vs IIx) and I doubt that it doesn't have IIx. Also the typo on the 8 channels.

Ed

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Not sure if that is enough to upgrade my current 5500 in my 2nd system. The HDCD decoding looks interesting, but I think that's about it. Maybe the DACs are a little better, couldn't really tell. I guess the variable crossover points would be nice. Heck, I'm only driving some NHT in-wall/in-ceiling speakers and think it does fine. Very interesting though...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_JonnyV
I guess the variable crossover points would be nice.
JonnyV,

When I first saw that statement in their website, I though they were referring to different crossover points for fronts, center, surrounds, etc, which would be great. But a few days later, when they included a link to the user guide, I was very disappointed to see that it is just the 80/100/120Hz single standard parameter... :(

Regards,

Fernando

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.