AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Matrox will be releasing some new Lite Graphics cards (Parhelia-LX or Millennium 650) on April 23. If they have the same DACs as the Parhelia, they may be interesting for HTPCs

Xbitlabs

Christian

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'm sure they'll be interesting to OEM's and business users as well...

Seeing as I already have the Parhelia 128mb, I'm unlikely to go for one of them, but I remain curious to see what they do...

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
Seems a bit overpriced to me- again- Euros=~$1US, so $170 for a cutrate Parhellia doesn't seem like such a bargain- then again neither did $350 for a full one either.

·
Premium Member
7,419 Posts
Any reason to upgrade my G400 max? As far as I can tell, my video output looks great.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Only legitimate reasons to upgrade from G400 to parhelia are triplehead and faster 3d.

Seeing as a faster-clocked AGP8x version of the Parhelia is also to be released soon, it would make sense to wait.

·
Registered
153 Posts
So if im getting a deal for a parhelia 128ddr retail for $128 would that be a bad deal. Its supposed to be new in unopened box. What do you think.

·
Registered
217 Posts
That is simply unbeleiveable!!!

If you can hook me up with one for that price, I'd go for it as well (hell, I'd get several)!!!

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Quote:
Parhelia has good custom resolutions support. It even supports resolutions not a multiple of 8 (852x480).
Interesting, I was under the impression they didn't have any custom resolutions support at all. What about interlaced resolutions?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Last time I checked, the Matrox utility only allowed horizontal resolutions that were a multiple of 8, and the Parhelia's PowerDesk-HF did not allow anywhere near the customization that the older G-series PowerDesk permitted.

Jeff - Interlacing is not supported.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by idkruler
That is simply unbeleiveable!!!

If you can hook me up with one for that price, I'd go for it as well (hell, I'd get several)!!!
Sorry idkruler,

This is a one item deal. He is clearing out his inventory and this is the only one left. I nay not go for it so I'll check to see if its still there. If it is, you can have it if you like.

By the way, whats the retail price and ebay price on it?

Oh, Just seen the listing as follows

*B-Stock* Matrox Parahelia/128 Dual DVI Video Adapter -- $159

·
Registered
217 Posts
You said its retail. That means it retails for $354. Refurb OEM's can be found for as low as $230, but with no cables.

Retail runs at 220/550, while OEM's run at 200/500.

·
Registered
153 Posts
PM me it interested and i'll give you the thread to send him an email. By the way, I dont know the guy and I certainly dont work for, or with him.

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Esben
Parhelia has good custom resolutions support. It even supports resolutions not a multiple of 8 (852x480).
Is this for real? My Pre-ordered Parhelia 128 has never been out of the box since the skuttlebutt had it that there was no Custom Rez support. Gee... how come so much noise was made about no custom rez support, yet nothing has been said, till now, that it was fixed???

:confused:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.