AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was wondering if anyone can tell me the most logical way to connect my CS-1. My components are:

G.I. HD cable box W/component out

CS-1

NEC 5000W 50" Plasma

Please help

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
The CS-1 doesn't have components out. Its has DVI and RGB 15-pin output.

NYC we wont be able to help you until we know the input connector of your Plasma

clopez

·
Banned
6,051 Posts
Clopez,

By looking at the back of the CS-1, does does look like a vga output, but in the manual it says HD-15 RGB or component high resolution output. I assumed component high resolution output was component. Please correct me if I am wrong

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How about this, is it possible to come out of the cable box via the component out then in to the CS-1 interlace component input and then out to my plasma via RGB. Also can the CS-1 scale 1080i.

Thanks

·
Banned
6,051 Posts
CS-1 or 2 does not scale 1080i. I think that if it ever does, it will only do it through a DVI connection.

I dont think that the CS-1 can convert the signal from component to RGB, but dont quote me on this. I would verify this with Focus Enhancement

·
Banned
6,051 Posts
Mr NYC

I talked to Shaun at FE and here is the scoop

I was correct, the 15 pin output can either be RGB or component. On the setup you would tell the scaler which one you want. You will need a vga to 3 rca (assuming its not bnc) breakout cable for your system.

The CenterStage can transcode either rgb or component, so you can input either one and you can output either one depending on what your display needs

So like I said

GI HD cable box component out (3 component cables

CS-1 Component in

CS-1 component out ( 15 pin vga to 3 rca component cables) (tell CS that you want to output component)

Plasma component in

Oh yea, dont forget to turn on the plasma:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.