AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I as my first post I would like to say hello to all members. This seems to be the largest most active forum on the net in regard to A/V.

I currently use a Sony Wega 32†XBR for my primary display (About 2 years Old)

…Don’t laugh I live in an apartment! My distance to the screen is about 13’.

I am in search of a 32-36†HDTV with at least two sets of component video inputs. I also require that the unit have VGA or DVI for use as an occasional video monitor… Yes, Yes I know plasma would be perfect… I had saved the money for a plasma, but now have run into a problem that restricts my budget to around $3000 retail. As you probably noticed the size of my room is an issue, and therefore so is depth. I was thinking about A DLP unit (do they make them smaller then 42â€) I would prefer not to spend extra for a built it decoder.

Please… No, a desperate please… helps me find some first rate boxes to check out that fit my needs.

·
Registered
506 Posts
For DLP information, do a forum search and read the numerous threads on Sammy HLM507W (507W) available now, Sammy 617W avail Dec, Panny PT-52DL52 avail Dec, or Optoma DLP avail Q1'03. Alternatively some information is offered on each of the 3 companies websites.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you jeffmcclan.

I am still at a loss as to whether the DVI-HDTV Interface on the XBR can be used as a feed from a HTPC though. THX.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Panasonic makes a 40" LCD projection, that's the smallest that i'm aware of, other than a 35" plasma, probally out of budget though, the panny goes for less than $3000, Joe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.