AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi everyone,

I have been a very long time lurker and am happy to say I have relied on this forum for years of great information.  Truthfully, I am not an expert and generally have no solutions to offer so I consume.  Poor excuse for not participating, but the truth.

True to form, I do have a question for those of you with experience dealing with the YSP-4300.  Sorry for the long post, but this is baffling.

I have been using my 4300 for about 1.5 months now with zero issues, minus a very poor room setup.  I plugged the unit and subwoofer in and they both connected immediately; never touched that connection again.  Watched Frozen with my daugther on Sunday...no issues at all.  Here is where it gets interesting (to me).

Comcast comes out yesterday to install their X1 DVR Box.  Previously we only had wifi in the house, no cable.  I left instructions not to hook up to my soundbar as it is mounted to top of my tv with only a few HDMI available for access.  I come home and the TV is on, cable hooked up, sound playing through my TV.  I switch on my soundbar, it powers up fine, and I notice the Tx light continuosly flashing.

So the manual states it is looking for a link to the subwoofer.  After an hour or so of this flashing, I read the manual and try changing all channels, nothing.  Then I think about the cable box which uses a Moch(?) network.  To be safe, I set my linksys channel to 11 (highest), turn off my cable box (unplug) and then try to establish a connection with the subwoofer...NOTHING.

I called Comcast to see if their new technology box could interfere with the signal to the soundbar.  "Possibly," so again I unplug the cable box and get nothing.  My next call was to Yamaha (nice hour wait there!) - we run through the same steps and finally, they advise me to re-initialize my soundbar.  Nothing.  Tx light still flashing.

So here is where it gets bizarre.  The subwoofer link light started showing solid green on channels that I had not paired.  The front of the unit it still flashing Tx, the subwoofer showing solid, obviously no connection.  Everything else on soundbar is working.  Cable box off or on, no difference now.

Now I am starting to suspect interference of some kind with subwoofer.  I unplug it again, give it a minute to be sure, plug it back in and the link lights don't come on at all?

Anyone out there experience anything similar?  It's driving me nuts.  Maybe it is coincidence, but 1.5 flawless months of working, 1 Comcast visit with a DVR set next to subwoofer (on TV stand)...now Nothing from subwoofer.  Are there any tests I can run to see if the sub failed somehow?  For the life of me, I have no clue what happened or how to fix.

I am waiting on a level 2 call from Yamaha but figured I would start with the masses, who undoubtedly know the most!

FYI I love the soundbar but have a very suboptimal room.  Even with this setting, the sound was pretty amazing mounted on top of my TV.

Thanks everyone!

Tim

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

FYI for those who might be installing a Comcast X1 box:  it appears (at least for me) that the box DOES interfere with wireless signal from bar to subwoofer, at least for establishing the conneciton.

I relocated my subwoofer to opposite corner of room and it established a connection immediately (on default A1 channel).  I then plugged back into my powerstrip and slowly brought subwoofer back to it's original location.   My connection remained intact and subwoofer worked as it should.  I will confirm tonight that it is still connected.  Hopefully, it will not reset as I turned off the bar, but we will see.

I am not sure why, but it appears that the connection cannot be made when in close proximity to the DVR.

·
Registered
1 Posts
FYI for those who might be installing a Comcast X1 box: it appears (at least for me) that the box DOES interfere with wireless signal from bar to subwoofer, at least for establishing the conneciton.

I relocated my subwoofer to opposite corner of room and it established a connection immediately (on default A1 channel). I then plugged back into my powerstrip and slowly brought subwoofer back to it's original location. My connection remained intact and subwoofer worked as it should. I will confirm tonight that it is still connected. Hopefully, it will not reset as I turned off the bar, but we will see.

I am not sure why, but it appears that the connection cannot be made when in close proximity to the DVR.
i’m facing the same problem, and i did the same thing you did, and the problem solved.

in my case, i’m using the same electrical plug connection to my ysp main unit, dvb-t2 antenna (indoor unit) and subwoofer. I just disconnect the subwoofer and move it to another different plug point. I believe the interference become the main culprit. 🤪.

btw ty for you suggestion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts