Welcome ashore everyone :)

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Welcome ashore my friend :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Kinda surprised not more new members chiming in here - with all of the time off / being at home, I'd think a few more people might dive into the A/V realm! Ah, maybe they're all just shy.....:eek::)
Been a long time lurker and have used this site for the wealth of information and experience it has. I'm not very outspoken and indeed kind of shy. Guess its time for a change. Hello everyone!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone, just joined today!

I bought a Sony X950G back in November and wanted to come here to learn more about my TV. I am not very experienced with what to look for in a good TV as I was rocking a 32" Vizio from 2015 lol. But I did lurk here when I was looking for product information before buying my current TV. Excited to learn more!

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Welcome everyone :)

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Howdy all. I've participated on the forum many years and two children ago. Time to build out a full on dedicated basement theater this time around! I'm looking forward to implementing all the techniques I've learned from various folks.

First step: adding mass to the ceiling via 5/8s dry wall sheets. Exciting!

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Welcome to the site everyone!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi!

I've been a lurker on and off for years, but I finally decided to register.
I'm a big movie and TV fan and I live or die by my HTPC/NAS/Streamer setup :)

I'm in the process of rejuvinating my HT setup also as I'm in the mud and paint stage of my media room renovations. I intend to replace my aging 10 years old Sharp 120hz LCD with a 4k 65". Not sure about replacing my 7.1ch HK AVR since it's still going strong and fit my needs presently. Beside I don't have what you could consider "golden" ears after a 10yrs career as an arc welder in ship repair.

My present media server is my workstation (R2700X, RX2070Super, 32Gb) with a five disk USB 3.1 box with 5x 3Tb drives (a second one is on the way). I presently use a laptop with libreElec/Kodi hooked to my TV but I've got an Nvidia Shield Pro on order since that old laptop won't cut it for 4k HDR/DV content. I also use an Hauppauge Colossus to empty and archive the content of my Bell PVR.

I still collect physical media, but only those titles that I feel merit to be part of my collection. At one time I had over 2,500 DVD/BR/HDDVD combined, but I watched them less and less over the years, and many were impulse buy and never watched more than once, I passed them on to friends and familly members. I also liberated two walls in my HT by doing so.

I don't have a 4k Bluray player yet. I have a multi-region hacked LG standard Bluray player at the moment, but the 4k player will follow the 4k TV.

So that's about it for my introduction.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Welcome my friend!!

I hope ya like it here :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi !

I'm a software developer and music enthusiast !
Happy owner of a pair of Kef x300a wireless, and registered on the forum to get insigths about Home A/V distribution, as it's my next projet :)

I have been collecting vinyls younger, but swtiched to online a lot since I got a Tidal HiRes subscription.
Master quality on the KEF is truly great, to my hears at least :)

If you'd like to have a glance at my post in Home A/V Distribution I posted details about what I'm trying to accomplish (Double Dual screens (and TV's) matrix ?).

Best regards !

·
Super Moderator
17,802 Posts
Hi !

I'm a software developer and music enthusiast !
Happy owner of a pair of Kef x300a wireless, and registered on the forum to get insigths about Home A/V distribution, as it's my next projet :)

I have been collecting vinyls younger, but swtiched to online a lot since I got a Tidal HiRes subscription.
Master quality on the KEF is truly great, to my hears at least :)

If you'd like to have a glance at my post in Home A/V Distribution I posted details about what I'm trying to accomplish (Double Dual screens (and TV's) matrix ?).

Best regards !
Welcome to the madness! :D

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Welcome everyone to the site!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Everyone - recent lurker plotting for an eventual home theater in my new house. Excited to hear all the great advice on how to achieve my goal, while keeping the family CFO happy ;) Nothing in place yet, not even a roof - will be starting with a clean slate and no preconceptions, so no possible way to go wrong. Right?

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Welcome everyone,welcome ashore!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone.
I'm in the process of planning a garden cinema and thought I'd join the forum for some inspiration.
I've got some basic plans but hopefully the guidance I can find on here will make my little project the best it can be.
Rob

1821 - 1840 of 1842 Posts