AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the OK from the "boss" to upgrade my home theatre. I purchased a 46" 1080p Sharp Aquos and a Yamaha RX-V1700 receiver. Due to the size of my basement, I don't want to go to surround sound just yet, but I want the speakers I purchase to be useful in a bigger room in the future.

What I am looking for are recommendations on L/R floor standing speakers and a good subwoofer that will complement the V1700 receiver. I will be connecting an XBox 360 through component and a Direct TV receiver and PS3 through HDMI. The receiver will output to the TV through HDMI.

I don't want to spend more than about $800 for the L/R floor standing speakers and the subwoofer. I was looking at the Infinity Primus 360s and S10. Any good? Any other recommendations? I've been reading as much as possible but it is a bit overwhelming to a newbie. lol

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You could do something like Ascend CBM-170s ($348 pair) for L/R and a HSU VTF-2 MK2 ($399). Very good equipment for the money, very.

Down the road, you could move the 170s to surrounds and upgrade your L/R. One step at a time . . . .

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Went ahead and pulled the trigger on a pair of 360s a C25 and an S10. Couldn't pass up Crutchfield's lowered prices. 360 owners here seem to like them so I think I made a good decision. Now I have to figure out the best way to hook everything up and configure the Yamaha and speakers.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjinglesusa /forum/post/0

Went ahead and pulled the trigger on a pair of 360s a C25 and an S10. Couldn't pass up Crutchfield's lowered prices. 360 owners here seem to like them so I think I made a good decision. Now I have to figure out the best way to hook everything up and configure the Yamaha and speakers.

Let us know what you think after you listen for awhile.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.