AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in need of some help. I am definitely not new to the HTPC and media center world. i have been a collector for quite some time. I Have built several systems and ran different setups. But i thought id try a different route. A few months back i bought the $30 micca media player just for a quick fix since i have an external with 2k or so videos on it. Well, that didnt work out all that well, since it doesn't support very much. My girlfriend bought me a micca EP 350 G2 for fathers day. Its what i have wanted for quite some time.

My Issues are...

In my time of collecting, I have always taken the video file out of the original folder, renamed it to its simplest form (ie. Thats.My.Boy.2012.BRRip.XVID- to Thats My Boy) then just putting it in a much larger folder with ALL of the others. Also deleting all other files it came with. I need to find some sort of scraper that will allow me to download all the cover images for them. I am currently trying out yammm and mediaelch. But im not sure its giving me what i want. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

and the other one is when installing my hdd, will it need to be formatted by the player itself, or will it run as is?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7,231 Posts
None of the Micca products support a jukebox. I believe you can put a poster.jpg file that will probably show the poster file only.

If you want an inexpensive media player with a decent jukebox, I would suggest the Pivos XIOS which supports XMBC. I don't recommend Micca to anyone anymore due to their horrible support history.

·
Registered
7,231 Posts
Use ThumbGen or My Movies to scrape the posters. You will have to put each movie in its own folder and download the poster.jpg file to each folder.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts