AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
The only thing he could do is pay for more bandwidth.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I *love* the hidden room behind the built-in. That is extremely clever...

Nice work...

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm sorry that some of you were truned away while tring to access my site. It appears that too many of you guys are looking at my site at the same time (Believe me this is positive for me). I check my site status and I got over 1.8K hits yestarday most of it were around 5:30pm yestarday right after work which is understandable.

The site appears to be up and running so those of you that didn't have a chance to take a look, please do so. All comments are welcome.

Thanks for visiting.

MikeTC :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Mike,

Very nice, the hidden room is a neat idea!

I got a question, the fluted columns, do they hide your support posts? Where did your carpenters get them? Do you have any idea how they were installed ?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AFryia, those are hollow fiberglass columns used to wraparound and hide the support posts. I ordered mine through a local lumber yard with the columns split in halves by the manufacturer.

In short we mounted nailer/screw blocks around the top and bottom of the supporting posts. Screws were then used to attach the columns to these blocks. An epoxy base fiberglass filler for marine (boat) use was then applied to the seams while the columns were hold in place with strips. Patch and sand just like any auto/boat body repair. Most of the screw holes were covered by the base and cap that are put on last with liquid nails and epoxy glue. Follow with several coats of high gloss paint. It was a lot work but was worth it. I didn't want my theater to look like a basement theater. Let me know if you need more details.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.