AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had a new Mits 46807 delivered today. As the deliverymen were bringing it up my stairs, the screen hit the stair railing. I have found 2 small scratches in the protective screen. Naturally, I told them I wanted a new tv. They agreed to give me one but have left this one in the meantime.

My salesman has since called back and said that they'd rather not have to deliver a new one up the stairs (and take this one), so he is offering to order a new protective screen and have it installed and give me a $200 check. I am tempted to take this deal (or at least ask for more, like $300).

Anyway, my only concern is whether anything else is internally damaged. I saw the screen hit the railing and did not think it was that big of a collision. The tv seems to be working fine. How much shock damage can these tvs withstand?

I can take a couple of days and watch the tv to decide. I know this might be a stupid question, but should I look for anything in particular re damage? I have watched analog cable on it and it seems fine. I will watch a dvd on it tonight.

I may be blowing this out of proportion, b/c the collision I saw was likely very, very minor. I am leaning to taking the deal. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
First of all, turn your contrast down to 35, brightness to 40, color under 40, sharpness to 20. Try and get a DVD that has a THX OPTIMODE (like the T2 SE) and use it to adjust your TV settings. This will give you a better picture to judge the set.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.