AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been helping a friend set up their home theater and they own a Mitsubishi HC8000. They had a hardware issue a repair shop couldn't fix so Mitsubishi provided a new unit. It was mounted to the ceiling but would shut off within a couple of hours with the power light blinking green/red with status light blinking red. It wasn't hot at all and Mitsubishi support informed that this only indicates a hardware failure. They sent a new projector but it does the same exact thing. We have tried different HDMI cables, power cable, and power outlet but the issue remains. It also is running hot at all. Anyone else have a experience like this? Any feedback is greatly appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
What is your location above sea level? Higher altitudes have thinner air and require high altitude mode to be on to provide adequate cooling.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I meant to say the newest projector isn't running hot in my original post.
Maybe still give high altitude mode a try and see if it still happens. And no, it may not necessarily feel warm on the outside. It depends on the design of course, but there is a thermister that tracks temperatures to specific internal portions. In actuality, if the cooling is not working adequately, the outside will be near room temp while the inside could be roasting hot due to the heat not being moved.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts