AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

For the life of me, I cannot find any reviews of the new-ish Mitsubishi Unisen LCDs anywhere! I thought for sure there'd be someone on AVS who has one. Am I missing something obvious?

Anyhow, this seems like a great combination of size (52 inches) and sound for a not too high a price (after saving $$$ on not having to buy a surround sound system).

Has anyone seen or own one of these? Thanks!

·
Registered
642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by damsker /forum/post/17034638

Yes, it's a funny name! But here are the links:

http://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/unisen.html

I hear so many complaints about "tinny" sounds from LCDs, that I'm just shocked people haven't flocked to try these.

Well I guess most people here either have a home theather system or use a soundbar.

The concept isn't bad, I wonder how good it actually sounds.

·
Registered
724 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by damsker /forum/post/17034638

Yes, it's a funny name! But here are the links:

http://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/unisen.html

I hear so many complaints about "tinny" sounds from LCDs, that I'm just shocked people haven't flocked to try these.

I have the first generation one. It is awesome.

Many people don't know that Martin Logan helped design

the soundbar. It uses the same Tech as the Yamaha YSPs ( I also

have a ySP 4000), but the Mitsubushi soundbar sounds WAY

better. All you add is a subwoofer( I added a HSU STF 1)

and in the right room, it is jaw dropping

The picture is superb also. VERY good blacks

considering it is not LED.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I looked at a display model yesterday and can say the sound was unbelievable. I could only compare the picture to a Sharp and Toshiba nearby and the Mits was way better, especially the blacks. Actually, the picture was plasma like with the subtle 3 dimensional look. Could not purchase one though because they were sold out. Expect a new shipment in 2 weeks. This appears to be a homerun for them and a good solution for me. I already have 2 - 7.1 setups and wanted to add another TV to our upstairs loft and was not interested in another receiver/speakers setup. Too much money and takes up space. I was listening to the Yammy sound bars and was planning on using one, but the Mits was impressive. I am probably lucky that they were sold out though because I could use an expert review to either back up or destroy my first impression before I take the plunge. The waiting begins.

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
I tried out one of the first generation one's myself at home for a few days (the 147 series as I recall).

The sound was AMAZING but in the end I returned the set because I was going from a bigger sized screen and the Mits only makes these with 52" being the largest size.

Also I think these sets dont sell that well is because of the price, they are quite a bit more money than the average 50-52" LCD sells for.

If Mitsubishi made this panel in a bigger than 52" size and could bring the price down a bit I would own one in a heartbeat.

But yea, the built-in soundbar on mine sounded fantastic, Im guessing these newer ones might sound even better.

Its also too bad that other panel makers dont give a rats-ass about the sound that comes from the panels they make.

Cheers

Davyo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts