AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with the new Binaura B202? The B102 was highly regarded but had reports of a capacitor problems causing systems to die within a year or 2. I cant seem to find any reviews of this new model but the specs show it to be more powerful than the other and I definately will buy it if problem fixed. I have an email into Binaura now. My friend had a B102 and it was better than mainstage, Zvox and even a few of those overpriced soundbars I have heard (Ysp-1 and Phillips soundbar). But it died after 13 months of use.

·
Registered
764 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson9937955 /forum/post/12905424

Anyone have any experience with the new Binaura B202? The B102 was highly regarded but had reports of a capacitor problems causing systems to die within a year or 2. I cant seem to find any reviews of this new model but the specs show it to be more powerful than the other and I definately will buy it if problem fixed. I have an email into Binaura now. My friend had a B102 and it was better than mainstage, Zvox and even a few of those overpriced soundbars I have heard (Ysp-1 and Phillips soundbar). But it died after 13 months of use.

Also looking for some feedback on this, someone has to have heard this thing? My Kef Kit100 on this fritz and this looks like a good/cheap replacement at $200 on EBAY.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The old model was rated so well, i took a chance and picked this up. Supposed to be more powerful. I will review it next week when it comes in

·
Registered
935 Posts

Quote:
Also looking for some feedback on this, someone has to have heard this thing? My Kef Kit100 on this fritz and this looks like a good/cheap replacement at $200 on EBAY.

The one on ebay for $200 is the B102. On ebay, the B202 goes for $300. It's probably worth the extra 100 bucks.

Jim

·
Registered
764 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloJim /forum/post/12961972

The one on ebay for $200 is the B102. On ebay, the B202 goes for $300. It's probably worth the extra 100 bucks.

Jim

Yea but it says make offer, and if you look at the guys feedback he let several units go for $200 offer.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbicich /forum/post/12964057

Yea but it says make offer, and if you look at the guys feedback he let several units go for $200 offer.

Yeah, sorry i forgot to mention that you have to place offer for 200.. Very fast on shipping as well, i placed order and shipped that same day via UPS ground.

I got package yesterday but only had time to take it out of box. I got the black unit. It sure does look sexy as hell. I will be connecting it today.

It came with a digital coax which I thought was nice.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After playing with this unit the last couple of days, I am VERY pleased with it. Obviously NIGHT AND DAY difference over TV speakers that came on my Mitsu 65 inch tv. On 5.1 tracks I am getting all the sounds and getting that surround effect. Not like real 5.1 setup but for being one speaker box and sub, it does the job ALOT better than I expected it too. it is perfect for my 15 X 12 foot living room.

I keep it on the bottom shelf of my tv stand in the center of the TV, it has led display right on speaker so you can see what your doing. I couldn't ask for anything better in that type of setup. Subwoofer is also every nice, not too overpowering ...just right. This sounds just as good as the ysp bars i have heard and for a fraction of the cost.

I would recommend this to anyone who lives in an apt or condo and doesnt want to shake the place and shake the neighbors or anyone who doesnt want to have all kinds of speakes and wires running all over the place but still wants QUALITY sound.

I am very satisfied and so is my wife who never really appreciated any audio/visual equipement i purchase...lol Best 200 bucks I ever spent!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have demo'd the Binaura B202 for a month and have decided it's a keeper. I had some reservations purchasing this product based on problems other AVS users had with the previous model B102. However after some e-mail correspondence with the sales rep Eric Kord, my concerns were eased somewhat. Here is the transcript from one of our exchanges.

> name = Todd

> email =

> phone =

> comments = Hello I'm interested in the B202. I've researched your

product,

> and based on info acquired on AVS forums. It appears that some people

has

> had problems with blown caps that has rendered their Binaura useless.

Is

> this an issue that I should be concerned about? Was this a problem

with

> the previous model? Is Binaura aware of this problem if so how was it

> addressed? This product would suit my needs perfectly. I've heard

many

> good things about it other than the reliability due to blown caps. I

would

> feel more comfortable purchasing this product. If I knew this problem

was

> taken care of. I hope to hear from you soon Thanks, Todd

> REMOTE_HOST: 75.0.157.14

Todd, Thank you for your interest in the Binaura B202. There was a

problem

with the circuit boards on the B102. This has been rectified in the

current

version of the B202 with modifications to the circuit boards. We also

put

the IR eye in the main speaker rather than in the sub woofer unit. We

also

increased the wattage and the crossover performance in the B202. And

gave

the unit a sleeker look.

Tmg Sales is the distributor of this product for the United States the

B202

comes with a full one year warranty part and labor and we offer you a

full

30 day money back guarantee with every unit we sell.

Regards,

Eric C Kord

TMG Sales,Inc

Visit Our Web Site www.tmg-sales.com

I hope this may ease the concerns of someone who may be sitting on the fence or hesitant to pull the trigger. It really is a good product, I expect it would be hard to find something comparable in this price range.

Regards, Todd

·
Registered
214 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguedog /forum/post/13627696

Hm.. does the lack of hdmi bug anyone? or is the fact that it has digital out offset that?

waiting for reviews

Why would it need hdmi? It is not an AV receiver and it does not have a DVD player in it.

·
Registered
214 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguedog /forum/post/13633718

Oh.. my bad. So these are only speakers? NO receiver to them?

They are basically speakers/sub with an amp and dolby decoders. They are not A/V receivers. Compare these to the SoundMatters Mainstage product and the ZVOX stuff.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Got the Binaura. It is unusable for me. The remote control will not work with my Panasonic Plasma powered on. The Plasma interferes with the Binaura remote.

I have to turn off the TV and make my adjustments then turn the TV back on.

I have to return it.

However, the sound is very good. It is not true surround sound but it sounds pretty darn good I must admit.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Just ordered this, it's rare for a mini setup at this price to take optical input. Will post a review once i hook it up to a bluray.

fyi for those that are looking for this, an authorized reseller is selling this on ebay for dirt cheap!!! I offered him $130 (including shipping) and he accepted.

·
Registered
302 Posts
The distributor lists them as "was $495 now $295" on their web-site and had it at on ebay at $159 or best offer. I also picked one up for $130...

Either the (well-deserved) reputation from the B102 fiasco is hurting sales, they are desperate to unload inventory, or there are issues with this model as well... Or perhaps they are trying to get some units 'out there' to start offsetting the B102 'bad cap' reputation.

(BTW, I'm the person that diagnosed the bad cap issue and posted the pics in the other thread here . So far no problems since I replaced them).

When the B202 arrives I'll open it up, see what changes they made, and report back...

·
Registered
78 Posts
plughplover,

I would be curious to hear what you think about the B202 model. It was your previous thread which made me cautious when I ordered mine back in Feb. I offered $200.00 and it's been problem free so far. My only gripe is I wish it had more optical inputs and no coaxial inputs. I get to much feedback through the coaxial input. The buttons on my harmony remote are sometimes screwy, but i need to play with it more.

Todd

1 - 20 of 37 Posts