AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been waiting for an age for the Plus Piano to be distributed in the UK. Finally after been informed of further delays by the Plus distributor here (who alluded to the fact that the launch is to be delayed until after the InFocomm conference BUT I should 'watch this space as there may be something new on the horizon'), I contacted the Plus USA about importing one to England. Now this is a very interesting reply and it looks as if there is a new model and soon....yipppeeeeeee:rolleyes: :) :) :p :p :D . I know there has been some rumour of this but people had said it wouldn't be until at least the end of the year. Do I get some top journalist scoop prize?????

"Dear Mr ********

Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding the Plus Piano. Plus Vision

Corporation of America does not sell internationally. You might try going

on the global website, www.piano.plus-vision.com. There will be a new model

coming out at the end of July. Specs are not yet available.

Customer Service Representative

Plus Vision Home Entertainment Division

201-818-2700 X 4703"

PS I have deleted names in case I have been told something I shouldn't have been!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Aaargh!! And I have just finished my 10-day free trial of the Piano...I knew I should have waited. Oh, well. Maybe it's a more expensive model.

Joe

·
Registered
1,321 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
....and it has a zoom lens and comes in 2 new colours!

On my Altavista translation of the page I couldn't understand what some of the other new features are i.e. what is this new pixel conversion chip????

Does it also now accept RGB analog, it seems to - did it before?

Cheers

Sykes

·
Registered
153 Posts
Looks like there could be an upgrade service for current Piano owners:

" Service development

Execution of upgrade service

The Piano (the HE - 3100) vis-a-vis the buyer, as mentioned below, upgrade service is planned. When at the Piano home page it guides to around July first third, simultaneously, we guide details to the buyer directly.

Start time This year schedule after the August

Object equipment Piano (HE-3100)

Value case Undecided

Corresponding method It is due to keeping at the service center correspondence

The inside permitting/inserting The Piano (HE-3200) with almost upgrade to equal function "

and from the watch.impress page

"In addition, " HE-3200 " also the upgrade service which adds equal performance is done existing vis-a-vis " HE-3100 ", to. As for method of upgrade in the correspondence with the substance keeping at service center, service start time schedule after the August.

Furthermore, upgrade price is undecided at present time, but details when at the Piano home page it releases to around July first third, simultaneously, are directly guided to the user. "

Though when I called Plus in NJ the lady said she's not sure if there will be one. She also said the new unit might cost a little more $3200-3300.

Joe

·
Registered
1,321 Posts

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Just some quick info....My rep informed me not too long ago to expect many optical enhancements in the Plus light engines, specifically the V series and Piano. Without being too specific, these would include color wheel, and mucho processing power, as well as higher resolution models eventually. Most of this is common sense knowledge, but the time frame is interesting...This fall.

·
Registered
571 Posts
M NEWMAN:

Do you honestly think that Plus plans another version of the Piano (in addition to the HE-3200 announced today/this week) before the end of the year? I personally doubt it. There are still a significant number of HE-3100s in the channel from what I understand.

My dream Piano? 1280x720 native resolution, next generation colour wheel, 1000+ lumens, and more inputs. It's already pretty damned good, but these updates would make it killer IMHO.

·
Registered
63 Posts
can any piano owner here comfirm with me weather does the piano suppourt ceiling mount?

cos my local PLUS agent told me that it can only be place on the desk and no ceiling mount function,thats the reason i never consider buying it...

but if it does,then i got to start saving some $$:)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mikef
A quick trip to http://www.plushometheater.com/loung...ohe3100faq.htm would've answered your question...
thanks mikef.....got it,so it can be ceiling mounted...what kind of agent we have here...:( .....

but with a fixed len ,i guess i have to be very careful with the distance to the screen if i buy it...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
mikef,

All I can really say without any written confirmation is, its coming, but it might not be a rendition of the Piano. Rather it'll probably be a new series to compliment the Piano, as well as the rest of the lineup. 1280 x 720 is definitely in the pipeline though... The new color wheel system should be killer though, and it'll make the entire line massively improved. Its also right around the corner, in a matter of speaking. As for Plus' ability to move antiquated PJ's, trust me, they know how to move boxes fast. They understand the incentive game better than most companies I've dealt with in this biz...

·
Registered
362 Posts
Joamonte,

I made a ceiling mount for my Plus Piano by taking off the rubber feet on the underside, which conceal screw holes for the ceiling mount. Got 3mm screws, screwed the pj to a board, and screwed to board to the ceiling.

Done.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by M NEWMAN
All I can really say without any written confirmation is, its coming, but it might not be a rendition of the Piano. Rather it'll probably be a new series to compliment the Piano, as well as the rest of the lineup. 1280 x 720 is definitely in the pipeline though... The new color wheel system should be killer though, and it'll make the entire line massively improved. Its also right around the corner, in a matter of speaking. As for Plus' ability to move antiquated PJ's, trust me, they know how to move boxes fast. They understand the incentive game better than most companies I've dealt with in this biz...
Will this/these projectors be part of the home theater line or the presentation line?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Joe,

If it makes you feel any better, my trial period has also ended about 5 days ago... :-(

But it doesn't look like the new one is any better PQ wise. Taking 480p is nice, though built-in de-interlacer is excellent. Zoom lens is a convinience that might save some time with installation, but for me it's nothing more than that. Analog RGB is also a nice to have but DVI is getting pretty common and is better quality anyway. Analog RGB is just a "legacy" feature...

Sure it's a nicer model, and I lost three hunder bucks by not waiting a few weeks, but I'll be getting pretty much the same picture quality as with the new model.

-- Eldad.

·
Registered
571 Posts
An upgrade will be offered for the HE-3100. I have no idea what the cost will be, but for people who have just recently had their trial period end, it might be worth seeing if you can get it done for nothing. It would be good PR for PLUS is that were the case.

·
Registered
42 Posts
How do you suppose they could upgrade such a thing? It includes several physical changes (zoom lens, analog RGB). Wouldn't it require replacement of numerous parts of an HE-3100?

-- Eldad.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Plus:

You'll find out in June.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.