AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see there is a new moderator listed. Did I miss an announcement? Congrats Ken H....

------------------

Geof

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
Thanks for the congrats, and yes, it's true. Per suggestion by Alan Gouger, I have accepted the roll of moderator for the HDTV forums. He is unable to participate more frequently himself, due to other responsibilities.

------------------

"better living thru modern expensive electronics"

tm

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
It will take me a day or so to get up to speed, until then, I beg your indulgence.

Thanks in advance,

Ken H

------------------

"better living thru modern expensive electronics"

tm

·
Registered
491 Posts

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ken,

I hope you can/will do something about UTNE. We have an ever increasing number of posts by him....This place is getting to be no fun anymore...everytime I turn around I am getting my nose rubbed in COFDM and I'm getting darn tired of it.

Sorry for the rant....

------------------

Geof

[This message has been edited by Geof (edited 04-11-2001).]

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
KenH

What's this " get up to speed" thing? You have been a very valuable member with almost 900 posts, here at the AVS Forum. You know what's going on and have corresponded with many of the members since your joining the Forum.

Congratulations on your new job!

We really do need an active Moderator who will have the time to pay attention to all the posts to make sure everyone is following ALL of the rules.

As far as Bob U. I only have two things to say...

1. This is not a public Forum like a Newsgroup. There is a membership. Forums can be selective as to who they want to participate and who they would like to eject.

2. Each time I see a post from Bob U. I simply ignore it or skip over it. If you read one...you have read them all.

Lee

·
Banned
215 Posts
Welcome aboard Ken.

Hope you agree that a diversity of opinions makes for a more valuable public forum. Sorry that the rhectoric heats up at times but that is too often the price we pay for freedom of expression, allowing minority views to be expressed and heard/read.

I respect the sponsors of this forum and will keep within the guidelines that you set.

·
Registered
33,592 Posts
Ken, I agree that minority opinions should be allowed AND encouraged. However, minority opinions that deliberately distort, mislead and are frequently outright lies should NOT be allowed and serve only to confuse issues and provide misinformation to the less informed. To correct this misinformaation is time consuming and takes away from the true intent of this and any forum.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
"I respect the sponsors of this forum and will keep within the guidelines that you set."

No, you rather clearly do not. Modulation standard debates are prohibited from this forum. By my count, you've ignored this directive at least 5 times in the last two days.

------------------
BOYCOTT DVI/HDCP & JVC!

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Quote:
I hope you can/will do something about UTNE. We have an ever increasing number of posts by him....This place is getting to be no fun anymore...everytime I turn around I am getting my nose rubbed in COFDM and I'm getting darn tired of it.
A lot of us are tired of it and if something isn't done about it soon I for one will find a new forum.

------------------

Rich Peterson

DBS Consumer Guide Author

·
Banned
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ken H:
Thanks for the congrats, and yes, it's true. Per suggestion by Alan Gouger, I have accepted the roll of moderator for the HDTV forums. He is unable to participate more frequently himself, due to other responsibilities.
Congrats from a newbie.

One question, a topic that was active yesterday can't be accessed though it can be found in a search.

"FCC says 8-VSB receivers improving "

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Utne:
Welcome aboard Ken.

I respect the sponsors of this forum and will keep within the guidelines that you set.
Bob you broke the rules as dkeller_NC stated, and you expect us to belive what you just stated above!

Ken H

I agree with other forum members in this thread, please take note as to the response so far in your short but new position here, what many have noted to you. I am sure in a VERY short time, and if you review previous posts by this member, you will see what the real story is.

BTW Congrats on your new post.

------------------

Graphics

STOP DVI/HDCP AND DFAST boycott JVC

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.