Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
 http://www.manowa.com.tw/DVDLoader.html

Looks like manowa has released or is about to release a "high performance" loader for people to upgrade to. I guess this is their way of admitting that the standard Momitsu loader is junk. Check the link for info.

Hammer

·
Registered
66 Posts
The photo looks identical to the one in my V880....

how would we know it isn't simply the same loader, sold as a separate component?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally posted by Muse
Could this conceivably be better in any way than the Liteon 166 loader?
I can think of one major way it would be better....It looks to be a perfect fit. Not something we can say about the Lite-on.

Hammer

·
Registered
89 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RayH
Appears to be faster and have official support for dvd+r and dvd+rw compared to the original Epo loader.

Epo 306
But, I have been using DVD+R and DVD+RW on the V880 for more than a while now....

·
Registered
714 Posts
I'm just wondering -- In the back of any DVD loader, there are 3 connectors, Power, IDE and Audio. In the back of V880 or this high performance loader, they are only the Power and the IDE.

OK

On the lite-on loader for example, if you change to this loader, do you need to connect the audio cable on the DVD Rom? If you don't hook up the Audio, where did it get the sound from? And how do you set the jumper, Master or nothing?

What about the original loader and this high performance loader, there is no audio interface in the back of the loader, so I'm assuming the audio get transfer in the IDE Cable?

What do you guys think?

Really need your input.

Thanks

Baja

·
Registered
66 Posts
You shouldn't need the audio connection. Your computer uses that to feed a sound device, and I think it's only usable for audio cd's. It's different from the audio track embedded in dvd data files.

The dvd player has to read/process the file data to separate/recognize the audio & video, that file data is fed via the IDE cable.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:
Originally posted by BajaFishin
I'm just wondering -- In the back of any DVD loader, there are 3 connectors, Power, IDE and Audio. In the back of V880 or this high performance loader, they are only the Power and the IDE.

OK

On the lite-on loader for example, if you change to this loader, do you need to connect the audio cable on the DVD Rom? If you don't hook up the Audio, where did it get the sound from? And how do you set the jumper, Master or nothing?

What about the original loader and this high performance loader, there is no audio interface in the back of the loader, so I'm assuming the audio get transfer in the IDE Cable?

What do you guys think?

Really need your input.

Thanks

Baja
Just ignore the audio connecter. The sound will come through the IDE cable. The audio connecter is just there for computer use allowing you to send audio directly to your PC's sound card.

Hammer

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:
Originally posted by Erik Garci
I emailed Manowa about this loader, and they replied:

Momitsu DVD M1214 Loader is only for OEM project.

We do not sale to retail market.

Thank you

Manowa Sales

So it seems to be unavailable as an upgrade for current V880 owners.
It would have been nice for an "easy" upgrade. I guess we can just stick with doing the loader upgrades with the loaders designed to fit in out PC's.

Hammer

·
Registered
66 Posts
The new loader may not even be an issue. The Extreme Phono site states:
Quote:
all V880 shipped in the USA comes with very stable Firmware, and the latest DVD loader that are much more reliable than the initial units some early adopting users imported directly from overseas.
If that's accurate, then the only people who don't already have this loader are those who've ordered directly from overseas.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:
Originally posted by jpnuzzo
The new loader may not even be an issue. The Extreme Phono site states:

If that's accurate, then the only people who don't already have this loader are those who've ordered directly from overseas.
My unit come from ExtremePhono and supposedly has the better loader and I had to change it out to fix the stuttering.

Hammer

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
To hammer:

My unit come from ExtremePhono and supposedly has the better loader and I had to change it out to fix the stuttering.

Why didnt you return your unit to extremephono???

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:
Originally posted by deez
To hammer:

Why didnt you return your unit to extremephono???
Because I'm not afraid of turning a few screws popping the cover and putting a new and better loader in. My unit is now rock solid stable and that is what matters. I bought the Momitsu fully in knowledge that it may be quirky and did the things others have done to make it better.

You know Deez, I've seen your posts here and on the Manowa forums. I can tell that you are deathly afraid of getting a unit that has issues and having to do modifications to clear them up. I really think you should wait untill more DVI players are on the market so you can get one without worrying if you may have to pop the cover off and tweak with the hardware some. You may think I'm be harsh or mean, but to tell the truth, I just like to say things as direct as possible. I think it gets the point across better than trying to sugar coat things. I know this isn't what you want to hear, but I'm sorry, it's just the way it is with these Momitsu 880's

Hammer

·
Registered
714 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by TheHammer69
Because I'm not afraid of turning a few screws popping the cover and putting a new and better loader in. My unit is now rock solid stable and that is what matters. I bought the Momitsu fully in knowledge that it may be quirky and did the things others have done to make it better.

Hammer
I felt the same way when I puchase te V880, I know it's got issues, but some people had no problem with this unit too. When I purchase the V880, D1 was on my list, but it too, it's got issues (probably more issues than the V880), so I decided on V880 and hoping that I get the one without any problem. But unfortuantly it only good for the first 2 weeks then the loading, stuttering and freeze problem started to pop up. Luckiely, other people started post and contribute how to make modification and make V880 more stable, many has post how-to and pictures about the mods. And I was able to do it myself with no experience open up the case and soldering. If I can do the mod then anyone can do the mods. Plus Manowa continue to update the V880's firmware, which no other menufacture offer this.

With all the mods and the lite-on loader, my V880 is very very stable now.

Thanks you guys for contributed so much here, you too Hammer for the lite-on loader. :)

Baja

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hey, I'm not afraid of turning some screws, either.... but deez is entitled to not want to do that.

IMO, the V880 has in its high-spots, but the rough edges put its overall quality closer to 'beta test' than 'consumer grade'.

This isn't like modifying a new car to improve the speed; this is repairing the engine right off the lot.

There's a difference between a 'tweak' and a 'repair'. This is a 'repair', and you shouldn't need repairs right out of the box.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
You know Deez, I've seen your posts here and on the Manowa forums. I can tell that you are deathly afraid of getting a unit that has issues and having to do modifications to clear them up. I really think you should wait untill more DVI players are on the market so you can get one without worrying if you may have to pop the cover off and tweak with the hardware some. You may think I'm be harsh or mean, but to tell the truth, I just like to say things as direct as possible. I think it gets the point across better than trying to sugar coat things. I know this isn't what you want to hear, but I'm sorry, it's just the way it is with these Momitsu 880's

LMAO!!!

Dude i think your sore cus you bought something you have to fix!!!

Maybe its me, but i like to fully investigate something before i buy it thats the bottom line for me......i guess your different and thats cool too but dont hate on me cus your dvd player cost you 500 dollars or so and not to mention the time to fix it too....another thing, im not afraid to "take the cover" off and tweak with **** ive done almost every tweak on the forum to my rptv, its just that im not going to buy something i have to fix...

ill let you beta test and in 3-6 months when they have it ready for consumers ill get mine...hehe...and tweak it too but not fix it....dude i like to speak plain too...your a dumass.......trik...lool

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quote:
Originally posted by jpnuzzo
Hey, I'm not afraid of turning some screws, either.... but deez is entitled to not want to do that.

IMO, the V880 has in its high-spots, but the rough edges put its overall quality closer to 'beta test' than 'consumer grade'.

This isn't like modifying a new car to improve the speed; this is repairing the engine right off the lot.

There's a difference between a 'tweak' and a 'repair'. This is a 'repair', and you shouldn't need repairs right out of the box.
Your right, he's entitled to not want to mod his players. And in saying that, he also should NOT be looking at players that are known to have to be modded. The Momitsu V880 is not for the tweaking weak. Yeah, maybe some people get lucky with receiving an error free player, but a lot don't. The way I look at it, is that you are buying a player made with cheap components but capable of performing like a very high dollar player if the time is taken to fix the cheapness, so to speak. I'm gonna stand by what I said to him.

Hammer

·
Registered
252 Posts
I first had a Bravo D1 and it really sucked... With the Momitsu V880 I am very happy. I did the capacitor mod, cable twist, high quality IDE cable and heat sink, but not the lite-on. The player now works flawlessly and the PQ is great (clearly better than with the Bravo). There is only one DVD I am having problems with, the 2nd DVD from the Led Zeppelin set. It freezes at 9 038:31 and won't play anything after that. I first thought that it was a DVD problem and had it exchanged: the new one freezes at exactly the same point. Today I tried again with a friend's DVD (which played without problems on his Pioneer): same thing, at exactly the same point. Cleaning the DVD did not help. Does anyone have an explanation for this? Or -better - a solution?

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.