AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sony Oval Dish with the Multiswitch on the back of the dish that allows for connection of up to 4 Boxes. Does anyone know if they make a Multiswitch for the back of the dish that allows up to 8 connections? If so the part number or a web address where I can get it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I have seen postings where they referenced sites where there were multiple switches ganged so that 8 boxes could be fed. Search on 8900, which is the model number of the system that does this.

Rick

·
Premium Member
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry Not Bernie Carbo.

How good are Spuan swithces compared with the others? They cost a good amount more, are they worth it?

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
No apparent reason to spend the extra dough on Spaun. I have a JVI/Trunkline 5x8 that appears to work just fine.

Mark

·
Premium Member
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can you mount the JVI outside?

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Smith:
8 receivers?? How much are you charging your neighbors for this service??

Just kidding,

Bob
Hmmn.....LOL

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
My JVI could not be mounted outside (this is the $170ish model). It doesn't look or feel waterproof. They may sell one for outdoor use, but the TR5822 does not at all appear to be designed for that purpose.

Mark

·
Premium Member
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's the Dual tuners that are doing me in. Just when you thought you had enough connections they get you with dual tuners.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.