AVS Forum banner

2541 - 2560 of 4896 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
I have been having problems getting my xbox controller to connect to my shield. I got it to pair once but didn't work once it was paired. The next time I went to pair it I couldn't get it too. Is there something I am missing ?

From what i have read only the authentic Shield game controller will work properly. A new PS4 controller i tried had input lag. Most other controllers have issues.I am not a big game person,so it was not a big concern for me , although a shield controller will be delivers today, we will see how it preforms.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have been having problems getting my xbox controller to connect to my shield. I got it to pair once but didn't work once it was paired. The next time I went to pair it I couldn't get it too. Is there something I am missing ?
I use an Xbox one controller via bluetooth on my 2015 Shield and really don't have any problems. I know this doesn't help you much, but I just want to mention my experience.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Harmony Remote

Anyone here using the Tube with a Harmony Remote (One)? If so do you have any issues? I plan on purchasing this coming weekend.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Anyone here using the Tube with a Harmony Remote (One)? If so do you have any issues? I plan on purchasing this coming weekend.
I'm using two harmony remotes with two shield units, one 2017 and the other 2019 pro and having no problems whatsoever.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I'm using two harmony remotes with two shield units, one 2017 and the other 2019 pro and having no problems whatsoever.
Thanks for the reply. I'm going to pick one up this weekend.

·
Registered
911 Posts
and as an added bonus you can sell off the remote for around $70 to $80 on ebay! I bought two tube versions and a pro and sold all remotes on ebay for $75 EACH. Considering I only paid $100 for the tube versions I am a pretty happy camper..

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
and as an added bonus you can sell off the remote for around $70 to $80 on ebay! I bought two tube versions and a pro and sold all remotes on ebay for $75 EACH. Considering I only paid $100 for the tube versions I am a pretty happy camper..
I see the remotes sell for $29.99 from Nvidia, but I also see they are out of stock. I guess it's a sellers market.

Reactions: aaronwt and galonzo

·
UHD Addict
37,084 Posts
Wow!! those are amazing prices.
I'm still amazed at some of the things there is a big market for on ebay.
Like the BD slip covers I always throw away. I'm still amazed there is a big market for selling those things.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I use the "One" with a FLIRC IR usb dongle someone here recommended.It works pretty darn good. Just remember u have to use the FLIRC device setup in the Harmony software. it is not plug and play.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I use the "One" with a FLIRC IR usb dongle someone here recommended.It works pretty darn good. Just remember u have to use the FLIRC device setup in the Harmony software. it is not plug and play.
Does that mean it only works with that dongle or one similar to it?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Does that mean it only works with that dongle or one similar to it?
I am sure others work,how well i don't know, but this one is pretty special. It was only $22.00 on Amazon.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Is anyone else experiencing this. I am getting double and triple text and such on apps like spotify, Pandora and fox sports...not sure if any others. I have the NS pro. Running the hotfixes and everything is up to date. I've deleted and readded the apps, rebooted, tried casting ( same problem casting just not on the device cast from) and I also tried reconfiguring settings to see if anything changes as well as just deleting apps I haven't used in a bit to no avail. I just can't figure out why it's happening or what makes it happen...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
418 Posts
From what i have read only the authentic Shield game controller will work properly. A new PS4 controller i tried had input lag. Most other controllers have issues.I am not a big game person,so it was not a big concern for me , although a shield controller will be delivers today, we will see how it preforms.
Probably wont do much gaming on it but since I have an extra controller I wanted to give it a try.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I am sure others work,how well i don't know, but this one is pretty special. It was only $22.00 on Amazon.
Let me re-word my question. Will it work without a dongle, or is that the only way to get it to work with my Harmony? Sorry for the confusion and thanks for answering.:confused:

·
Registered
549 Posts
Let me re-word my question. Will it work without a dongle, or is that the only way to get it to work with my Harmony? Sorry for the confusion and thanks for answering.:confused:
the sheild man unit is not IR, so u would need a dongal ir receiver

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
the sheild man unit is not IR, so u would need a dongal ir receiver
And the tube version (the non-Pro) doesn't have a USB port. So no way to add an IR receiver.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Thank you atc98092 and Steelman99. That's exactly what I needed to know. I'll order the dongle and I'll pick up my Shield this Friday. Again thanks for your help. Just realized you stated the Tube doesn't have USB, so the Pro it is.

·
Registered
549 Posts
And the tube version (the non-Pro) doesn't have a USB port. So no way to add an IR receiver.
U could use a Harmony Hub via the Shield's Bluetooth and any of the newer harmony Remotes. Some people like their older IR Harmonys though. For me the older ones are more ergonomic and help lessen carpel tunnel pain.

2541 - 2560 of 4896 Posts