AVS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
3,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a new Outlaw HT processor that will decode DTS-HD MA and Dolby True-HD? Anyone know if it will do auto-cal? Thanks for the help J.H.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Not out yet. I emailed them a while ago, and I think they said around fall. It wouldnt surprise me if it took even longer, and not because they are Outlaw, but because I wouldn't be surprised with any company.

Im eagerly awaiting what they will offer too.
Rotel as well.

·
Registered
108 Posts
About a month ago they announced a major design change. They gave up waiting for the long delayed Cirrus chip, and decided to go with something else (I thing TI). That means redesigning everything associated with the chip. They predicted a 90 day developement, so release of product in October.

·
Banned
3,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I'm looking forward to it but want something soon. Maybe the Yamaha RXV-663 for a while? J.H.

·
Banned
3,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
By the way what happened to the new B&K processor thats coming out? Why such a delay? The B&K won't decode DTS-HD MA or Dolby True-HD right? J.H.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffert /forum/post/14304602

They predicted a 90 day developement, so release of product in October.

I would be interested to know where you heard 90 days from. The June 10 announcement stated:
Quote:
We estimate shipments of this new processor to begin late this fall or in early winter

·
Registered
158 Posts
i have spoken to scott from outlaw several times about this new processor and only last week did he finally mention that they were hoping for a merry christmas. looks like we will be counting on santa a little heavier this year to deliver the goods

·
Registered
1,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattburk /forum/post/14305176

Isn't parasound rumored to be releasing something this fall?

Rumours on Parasound abound, but I have not conclusively heard anything about their next gen product.

·
Banned
3,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nothing on B&K? Anyway I think I'm going to get the Yamaha RX-V663 for a while. Good choice? J.H.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Outlaw told me a month ago that the new high-end preamp/processor would be out for the Xmas buying season and would be around $1400.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts