AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all -

Just received my 55" VT50 this morning and decided to re-read some of the comments on this thread for ideas/suggestions.

I purchased from Best Buy and asked about "calibration" beforehand and the rep told me this model was already calibrated. If that's the case - can someone please explain the slides/hours many of you are putting in to make your VT50 "ready"?

I am not a tech junky, but if there's a way to increase overall viewing experience I would appreciate anyone's thoughts.

I set it up quickly this morning and placed on THX Mode and it looks great.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Already calibrated? Does he mean they pulled it out of the box and had Geek Squad calibrate it or he thinks it's cal'ed from the factory?

They come from the factory with a very basic calibration to make them watchable. Thx mode tightens the tolerances up a bit, Posted settings will improve on that and a Pro ISF cal will be the best.

Personally I'd just watch it for a couple weeks then use some settings found here or over at HDJ. No point in running the slides, just watch it and enjoy:) Then after about 500 hours of use have it pro cal'ed, that's the time needed to let the tv settle in and quit changing so you'll get the most out of your cal expense.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure what he meant - again I'm an amateur at this stuff.

Regardless - thanks for your reply much appreciated!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts