AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the new OXM demo disk. I got the mag but the disk was MIA, figures? I read it has a video of the Beta testing in Call of Duty 2, and the frame rate never dropped under 60 FPS! Graphics are supposidly up to 80 percent of final and was just wondering how it looked? Also Lockdown is a Live demo.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
The video looked like every other video OXM has ever had. Not very good quality. But it shows a lot of the gameplay so much so that I got board with it and quit it before it was over.

The HD download from MS was much more impressive.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I have to disagree with Villanman. I thought it was the opposite of boring. Almost 5 minutes of super-intense gameplay footage. I thought the textures were good-looking, though it was hard to tell b/c of the aforementioned poor quality of OXM videos and the frenetic action on-screen. Watching the movie convinced me this will be THE GAME come launch day.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LENNY 2112
Has anyone tried the new OXM demo disk. I got the mag but the disk was MIA, figures? I read it has a video of the Beta testing in Call of Duty 2, and the frame rate never dropped under 60 FPS! Graphics are supposidly up to 80 percent of final and was just wondering how it looked? Also Lockdown is a Live demo.
Where did u read 60 fps? The last few videos I saw looked to be below 30 fps. But, that sounds good if its true.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Not to say the gameplay or anything about the game itself was boring, But rather I got the Idea of what it was about halfway through and got board because of the length.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by santori_time
Where did u read 60 fps? The last few videos I saw looked to be below 30 fps. But, that sounds good if its true.
I read the article in the magazine that talked about the video and OXM's day with Call of Duty 2... :D

·
Registered
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LENNY 2112
I read the article in the magazine that talked about the video and OXM's day with Call of Duty 2... :D
That is great news as the only weak point of the video released so far was the framerate.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hope this game looks great on the 360, but for anyone that played CoD on the PC knows this game is about immersion and action. Very intense single player mode, great Multiplayer modes (Base Assault), I really enjoyed it. And the mentioned tanks being on the larger maps for multiplayer!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.