AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its finally here. Got my AE300 on Thursday, so I have a couple of days to set it up and calibrate it (as close as I am able to myself) and I cannot believe how good this thing looks. I am attaching a couple of pics, as my HT is just about done now. Equipment list is:

Anthem AVM20, MCA2, MCA5

Paradigm Studio 100's, ADP's, Center, 20's, Servo 15's (2)

HTPC - P4, 9700 Pro, H3D, Pioneer DVD-A05 writer, modded with custom screen in the case, it turned out good, take a look at the pics

Zenith 5591 5 Disk DVD player

Sony CDP-CX355 CD Mega changer

and Pronto TSU2000 is on its way, just won it on Ebay yesterday!

Am looking for any tips on the AE300 with HTPC, I have read the 1:1 pixel thread and got lots of good info from it. Anyone that can provide powerstrip settings that fill the entire screen, all the ones I have tried leave a border around the screen, even though the componet input fills the screen perfectly. This pj is more than I had expected, even after reading all the posts here on it. I would encourage anyone who is "on the fence" about it to take the plunge, you wont be disappointed!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another picture, of the equipment rack and HTPC

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Another shot showing more of the equipment rack, you can see the Xbox built into the counter, I just need to finish off the counter top now.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And one last one, shows the cheapest Panny 300 mount yet. I tok a paradigm wall speaker mount and attached it to a wooden plate. Some sturdy L-brackets hold it to the ceiling beam. Total cost, under $15 CDN!

·
Registered
132 Posts
wow warren i like that screen in the case. were did you get that little screen and how much did it cost? and for that matter how's it connected to the video card.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Warren,

Nice case, I am about to start building my case and in-wall speaker enclosures in the next week. One question on your case though: how are you ventilating? It seems that everything is flush, so don't you worry about air flow, especially for your receiver? If you have solved this creatively, I would love to know how as your shelving is fantastic!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Cool pics and setup Warren! Btw, I've got the latest 300 + PS settings entered in my Projector Setup Database (see link below).

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hynek: LCD is a PS1 5 inch color screen, connected using yellow RCA off the 9700 Pro, got a great little program called Ultramon and am setting it up to be my Winamp display screen, as well as some visualiztions and stuff. I have posted a pic of building the case, it was a cool project and not really that hard.

Uther: I did have some heat problems the first day, so I went to Walmart and got a 16" floor fan and put it behind the whole case, it blows air through both the HTPC as well as the Amps and Processor. the top stuff doesnt get hot, just the Amp really. When I hooked it up the fan was really quite loud, even on low setting, so I built a speed control box with a fan speed dial and turned it down as low as I could get away with. I have a Vantec NXP101 Fan bus with temp probes on CPU, GPU, and Hard drive, it has warning alarms too, so it warns me if things are getting too hot, but they seem good now.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Sweet setup!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Warren, you have a nice setup.

I'm also a AE300 user, very satisfied with its picture quality via the component inputs. Recently also constructed a HTPC with an ATI Radeon 9000. Got two questions for you:

1. What screen you're using? I'm now using a low-price Dalite Model B glass bead. Definitely that's not up to standard, and will consider to upgrade it in the near future.

2. Have you compared your HTPC performance with your DVD player? I'm now using both the Pioneer 47Ai and Phillips 963sa. The video feed form the DVI output of the Radeon 9000 to that of the Panny is quite behind from the two standalone players, though I'm still playing with the PowerStrip settings......

Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Very Nice Setup Warren!

I'm just in the process of building mine, so it's always nice to see the pics! Also good to see something from someone so close :>). I especially like the mount. Did you source the AE300 locally?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry guys, have not been watching my own post this week :)

Kevin: Using Dalite HCCV in the Dasnap frame, 106" and I love it. I had tried pointing the pj at a white wall to see if my screen purchase was worhtwhile, and it does make a big difference on the overall contrast of the picture. My DVD picture looks best right now on the component inputs direclty from my standalone Progressive player, but it is only connected that way because I am short 2 component cables and 1 input on my pre/pro, once I get all the equipment completed, it will all be input to my H3D in component, I just need to find some kind of switcher that doesnt cost a fortune. The only drawback with the HTPC right now is that the res does not quite fill the entire panel, so there is a border around the edge of the screen. When everything goes through the HTPC,. I will just zoom it to fill the screen correctly. Get Xander's PS settings for 960x540 and 1280x768 and they work very well!

cqdx1: Got the pj through Kileys here in Regina. I beleive they have another one in stock now. It took forever for this thing to make it into Canada, but it was worth the wait, I looked at an X1 and a Plus Piano in my home, but wanted to see this one before making my decision, and the AE300 won on picture quality and total lack of screendoor. They are a little more expensive than if you ordered one from the states, but less hassle for warranty.

MBK: That is actually my favorite part of the system. Once the counter top is done, the whole thing will look very flush and neat, not to mention the equipment will be much harder to steal as it is built in (a real concern here where I live) I hope to get black drapes up around the screen and finish the shelf this weekend, then I will post some final pics.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.