AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new Panasonic TC-P65VT25 just started flashing between mute and volume on and off and displaying on screen ever time it does it. So the sound goes on then it mutes on its own. I turned off the tv speakers to see if that would help because I am using my surround sound system but now the speakers off is flashing on the screen every few seconds and then it quits for a few minutes then starts back again. The TV is only a week old and I didn't change any of the sound settings at all and it just started doing this today?? Any ideas on what is going on? Should I Reset to default under the setup menu

·
Registered
316 Posts
It sounds like you have a stuck function button/keypad. I would call for service. The white line you see in some broadcasts is not an issue with the tv. It is overscan being broadcast either by the source (broadcast company), or your cable or satellite provider. You may be able to eliminate it by expanding your picture size.

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonothing /forum/post/19644155

My new Panasonic TC-P65VT25 just started flashing between mute and volume on and off and displaying on screen ever time it does it. So the sound goes on then it mutes on its own. I turned off the tv speakers to see if that would help because I am using my surround sound system but now the speakers off is flashing on the screen every few seconds and then it quits for a few minutes then starts back again. The TV is only a week old and I didn't change any of the sound settings at all and it just started doing this today?? Any ideas on what is going on? Should I Reset to default under the setup menu

I would move the remote to a different room for the evening to determine if the mute button is malfunctioning. If the mute menu still keeps popping up on the screen then there's a bigger problem. My next step would be to unplug the TV for a few minutes and see if that clears the problem. Then contact Panasonic and tell them about the problem and what you did to attempt to rectify it yourself.

Quote:
I also get a thin white broken line that jitters on some shows with black at the top of the screen almost like the picture is a hair too low on the screen but not very often.

That's a data strip that's imbedded in the video source, it's not a problem with the TV. You'll see this on some 4:3 scenes and news stories and commercials when you have the TV's HD Size setting set on HD Size 2 which puts the TV into 1:1 mode. The HD Size 1 setting will add about 5% of overscan which slightly zooms the picture and will hide the pesky data strip, but it also slightly reduces picture quality. Since i rarely ever see this strip (edit - i'm seeing it right now on a Pillsbury Grands Flaky Layers Biscuits commercial LOL) i just keep the TV on HD Size 2 and ignore the data strip since it only appears on some useless 4:3 stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.