AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just picked up a new tcp42s2 to replace my aging hitachi p42h01. My old tv used the 1080i alis panel, so it was very odd. But it did colors and contrast very well. Motion and black level were pretty bad though.

Here's the deal.

My new panny's motion performance is about on par with the hitachi?! Putting the phosphor lag aside, which is visible in heaps, in games like black ops, motion seems to be very blurry/dithered looking. Is this how new plasmas are? I always thought plasmas are best with gaming because of the low response times and higher refresh rates. Do I have a dud, or is this something to live with.

Also, regarding the phosphor lag. It's pretty bad, and was never seen on my hitachi. Yellow trails off everything that moves quicky? Will it go away? I only have about 50 hours on the panel.

Sorry for all the complaining, I just want to make sure I didn't get a dud.

On the upside, no floating blacks or graininess. Go figure

·
Registered
190 Posts
Does this model have a "Game" Mode? If so try it in that mode. I've got the V10, and have gamed quite a bit, never seen it on any of my modes. Tho, when I'm watching basketball, I sometimes notice it. Others times I dont. Less often than more though. Good luck

·
Registered
18 Posts
It does have game mode (no persona use though).

I just picked this set up over BF and so far, so (very) good...No issues, great picture, time for a BD player to really take advantage of things...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts