AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , delighted to announce the arrival of a 42 panny from dell.

No buzz, hum ect

Date of production is oct,

I want to hook this wonderful screen up to the dtc100...I have connected them using a vga cable...and an s video. I have signed up and activated diredtTv hdnet. hboD ect........ all are delivered over the s video but when I switch to pc input..."no signal" appears.

Some tell me I cannot connect the panny and dtc100 this way, others say it works for them. Am I doing something wrong or do I have a faulty machine???:confused:

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Try to input just a computer VGA signal via a D15 - D15 VGA cable.

This should check whether or not the PC input is working.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Techniwizard

I did try the computer...it works...so I think there is something wrong with the dtc100...it was an open box...I can bring it back ...and get another open box ...but I wonder if it is worth it ...if directTv is being taken over by dish.

thequietman

·
Registered
780 Posts
quietman: You mentioned that you had the DCT-100 connected via S-Video and it worked fine, I believe. Did you switch the DTC-100 over to the high definition output? The DTC-100, as do most high def. boxes, outputs EITHER S-Video/composite OR HDTV, but not both at the same time. So, perhaps you only need to switch the DTC-100 over. A to HDTV out to the Plasma. Also, you may wish to review the latest press releases re. the Dish/DirecTV event, before you return the DTC-100, assuming it is working. Check out the HDTV forum here. Regards.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.